HEAVY Skyrim lag all of a sudden

ItzBanditz

So recently I decided to reinstall Skyrim because its the only game I get a solid 40-70 fps. And most of the games like gta v and fo4 sucks on this pc. I am currently playing on my dad's pc and I will be getting my gaming pc in a few days(Lat xmas present). Anyways so my specs on the pc that I am currently playing on is

intel core i3 2.5GHz multi-core processor

Intel family graphics 1500 MB

3 GB RAM

So I save quite a lot in this game, I'm not even halfway through this game and already have 975 saves. I run quite a few mods but Ive been playing on a new game for about 3-4 weeks now and got a solid 60 fps. Until recently I started getting HEAVY lag, like 10- 15 fps and sometimes if even gets to 1 fps. Then afteer a while its normal again

can someone please give me a brief and helpful solution

Your problem may be the Graphics card or the RAM. With PC/Laptops you have to remember that some of your RAM will be used for the software programs for the PC/Laptop to run. With myself i have 4 GB and 1 GB of that is used by my PC. If you set your game Graphics to Med Not Min and tick all 4 boxes untick think its FFXX or FXX and this should give you a stable game play.

Your problem may be the Graphics card or the RAM. With PC/Laptops you have to remember that some of your RAM will be used for the software programs for the PC/Laptop to run. With myself i have 4 GB and 1 GB of that is used by my PC. If you set your game Graphics to Med Not Min and tick all 4 boxes untick think its FFXX or FXX and this should give you a stable game play.

Well remember Skyrim auto detects and does it pretty well, I've been getting a solid 60 fps and one day it just decided to lag every-time I fast travel to a city or a small village. And i end most of the stuff on my pc and only leave the essentials that barely uses disk or memory space . And it will most certainly not be the amount of saves, keep in mind I have one single save and if it auto-saves I just delete it and keep one. Games are developed that you should save quite a lot so that's not the prob as well :(

• 1 year later...

skyrim needs more than 3gigs of ram to function properly

it needs 4gig minimin everything low or medium settings NO MODS

and then you need 1gig of ram for background computer related tasks

it's amazing your skyrim even launched

Edited by skannerz22