Firestorms not repairing with LW can. 3?

firsTraveler

Long War bug reports should be checked first in the "Long War" download page "Bugs section" and then in the appropriate Beta Feedback thread in it's "forum section" before posting to ensure a response. (The LW Team has stated they don't check the main forum at all anymore for problems. Really, the dev team is the most likely to be able to help with a LW issue but anyone else who can also will be there.) You may also find that the answer is already known and posted in those sections.

Check that you have Steam in "offline" mode.

Review the "checklist" in the "Basic Guide" (see below).

Disable your Anti-Virus while installing.

Be sure to read the "Readme" and "Detailed Troubleshooting" documents included with the LW download before reporting bugs. They need all the information requested there (including which OS platform: Windows, Linux, OS/X, ARM/IOS, etc.) to be able to help. If they can't reproduce the problem, they can't fix it. You increase your odds of getting help by re-reading included documentation and following instructions on reporting bugs, and then documenting what you have already tried ... in detail. Short "it's broke" reports simply generate requests for more detail; wasting time. Better too much detail than not enough. (Remember: This is all volunteer support, including the LW dev team. If you won't put in the effort to provide a good bug description, why should they spend time prying it out of you if it sounds vague enough to likely be something covered already?)

While the LW installer handles any code modifications for you, it is still necessary to prepare your system for mods as laid out in the wiki article "Basic Guide to installing mods". The "Environment" section in particular still applies to LW, and the "OS/X mod installation" section has specifics for Mac versions. There is also a "Linux Differences" section.

-Dubious-

firsTraveler,

This is the actual guilty DGC.INI line (#1647)...

INTERCEPTOR_REPAIR_HOURS=36 ;(600 ... 144--80) Hours to repair an interceptor with 100% damage. Setting this below 75 reportedly induces buggy behavior. If you play with this anyway, and get the 0-days-to-repair bug, set to 700+ until the bugs go away.

Mine stands at 36 and the Firestorm 0-Hours flaw starts to happen once the "AdvancedRepair" foundry project is completed. So i'd have to suspect, there's a code function that needs to use a floating point variable when some integral numbers are necessary. Thus, when the loop condition detects anything other than the default 600 (as shown above), it must stack the 0 exit fault to proceed. JL, has never shown any interest in trying to fix this since the error mostly occurs when people alter the DGC value.

But still, the comment side offers you a solution at least while you'll have to save/load to verify the Zeros have gone away. :wink:

Edited by Zyxpsilon

• 3 years later...

I'm getting this bug even with it set to 700 , not too much of an issue with the interceptors (i can just ditch and get another, i lose the rank/experience), however, when i get the issue on a firestorm, much more of an issue, mainly due to the amount of resource needed to build the firestorm.

i also have the air war mod installed, so don't know whether that has any impact, though i couldnt see anything obvious

any help would be appreciated as this is a real problem in the later stages and spoils the long war mod for me