Broken story abilities (Half-Pirouette etc) fixing

Just figured it out. See: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5466327-how-to-open-and-edit-w2phase-files/

I went ahead and just uploaded the result as a mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/823?

Let me know how it works.

Glad to see I'm not all alone in regards to Witcher 2 modding! Thank you for your effort, it is much appreciated.

I downloaded your mod and will give it a try asap. However, instead of unpacking and repacking everything again into the pack0.dzip I will merge your files with mine that I have already modded as they work unpacked when placed into their respective folders inside CookedPC. That way, you can avoid the time consuming step of unpacking and repacking that pesky 10gb file. Since the first problematic abilities are the s22 and s25 and I have just entered Flotsam, it will take me some time to get there, but rest assured that I will report back with any news.

Just figured it out. See: https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/5466327-how-to-open-and-edit-w2phase-files/

I went ahead and just uploaded the result as a mod here: http://www.nexusmods.com/witcher2/mods/823?

Glad to see I'm not all alone in regards to Witcher 2 modding! Thank you for your effort, it is much appreciated.

I downloaded your mod and will give it a try asap. However, instead of unpacking and repacking everything again into the pack0.dzip I will merge your files with mine that I have already modded as they work unpacked when placed into their respective folders inside CookedPC. That way, you can avoid the time consuming step of unpacking and repacking that pesky 10gb file. Since the first problematic abilities are the s22 and s25 and I have just entered Flotsam, it will take me some time to get there, but rest assured that I will report back with any news.

Honestly, I'm not COMPLETELY sure how modding this game works, as far as merging and folders and all go. This was my first attempt to mod the game at all. I played it ages ago but had to stop because my computer couldn't handle it. Only just got around to playing more.

Honestly, I'm not COMPLETELY sure how modding this game works, as far as merging and folders and all go. This was my first attempt to mod the game at all. I played it ages ago but had to stop because my computer couldn't handle it. Only just got around to playing more.

Not to worry, I am not an expert myself. I mostly just spent a few hours everyday for the past couple of weeks figuring out how to combine some of the mods I was interested in experiencing with my 2nd ever playthrough of the game as well as reading a few tidbits on C++, as I started right from the Witcher 1 to reach the Witcher 3. As you have noticed a LOT of the mods available here on Nexus change the same files and there is only one way to make them compatible with each other if they conflict, it is a simple but arduous process.

The so-called "merging" is actually combining the changed lines between same files into one game file. To simplify this process, I use the Windows program WInmerge which shows directly the changes between files and makes it super easy to compare and combine them. I highly recommend it. I have finally managed to combine successfully over 15 mods and they work well, but that issue with the bugged story abilities was bothering me mentally. Even more since I hadn't found any way to edit them myself. I am really happy that you did and I plan to report back how it went!

Edited by Feregorn

Guys, which abilities are fixed in this pack? These list of seven mentioned in first post?

Regarding Child of the Night ability I found that it's added when "Sneak through the camp undetected during the Where is Triss Merigold? quest (Iorveth's path) near the end of Chapter II."

Do you know someting about story_s23_1 and ability called "Precision"?

Edited by DzieXik

I'm also reporting that the half-pirouette ability was properly received. Nice to hear that "child of the night" is also working properly. I missed the opportunity to get the summer crown from Act1 so I can't report on that but whenever I receive another ability that was previously bugged I will return.

Edited by Feregorn

OK, I walked the game choosing Iorweth path and this is what I had:

Anatomy Lesson [ok]
Arcane Knowledge [ok]
Assassin [ok]
Axii Sign Hex [ok]
Batter [ok]
Battle Seasoned [ok, after defense of Vergen]
Birdman [ok]
Child of the Night [ok, after walk through Henselt camp]
Conjuror [ok]
Cover [ok]
David [ok, killed Golem after walk through Henselt camp and Fire Elemental during Spell breaker mission]
Executioner [not in Iorweth path]
Exorcist [not in Iorweth path]
Experienced [ok]
Haggling [ok]
Half-Pirouette [ok]
Healthy Diet [ok]
Intimidate [ok]
Invincible [ok, after complete fist fighting in Vergen]
Parry [ok]
Persuasion [ok]
Precision [failed - don't know how. story_s23_1 from geralt_basic.xml doesn't appear in game files]
Pyromaniac [ok]
Resistance to Magic [ok, after remove MidnightVoyager midifications]
Sapper [ok]
Strong Back [ok]
Strong Stomach [ok]
Swordsman [not in Iorweth path]
Summer's Crown [ok]
Thrower [ok]
Toxic Blood [failed. I read that it doesn't work in Enhanced Edition. Tried to use toxic petard but didn't work.]
Winter's Shroud [ok]