Is it possible to add mods on this site to a folder to save for later?

Rokatsu

Sort of like how you can add mods to favorites to Steam to find for later, I'd like to be able to do that on the nexus website. I thought the "Track" button was to do that but I realized it's actually just to see if it gets any new news or updates which isn't very helpful. If this option is already available I couldn't find it, I'm new to the website still.

I tried to google it but it only came up with searches for NMM or MO. That's not what I'm talking about or looking for here. Yes you can organize mods there and save them for later there, but by doing that the mod sits on your computer and takes up space.

I just want to be able to save mods on this website for later like you can with Steam, in case I decide to use them or as a way to compare different mods I find instead of having multiple tabs open that lag my pc to death. If it's not implemented could it be possible to do so? Perhaps even add a way to put them into categories or make your own categories to find them easier? It would be really nice and I'm sure people like myself who go and download hundreds of mods would appreciate it.

Either way thanks for reading. I do hope this is the right forum for this and apologize if it isn't.

Been away for a while, but this is something that (as far as I know) was always missing from the nexus, sorry but I think 'tracking center' is the next best thing. Me, I just got a folder in my bars just for Skyrim mods and just bookmark everything.

Anything I'm not willing to download now but want to remember to come back to I put in Tracking Center. I'm not really sure why this isn't enough? I also don't find having multiple Nexus tabs open at once lags my computers.

You can always download a mod manually and put it in a different folder on your computer for use later. I do that all the time.

First create a separate folder just for that in a different location from your game.

Then subfolders for each game you want to do it for. I make subfolders for each mod to keep them separated. I often copy/paste the mod description into the folder as well so I will know what it is later.

Like Bben says, I download mods that I'm interested in and keep them in a folder on my hard drive for use later. You never know if the mod might go missing for one reason or another. If there is a mod that I'm interested in but do not want to store it on my drive I drag it's url to a folder on my desktop for later reference.

Rabbit

I'm with bben and Rabbit on this -- having learned the hard way (and sometimes regretting to this day the wonderful things I've missed), I now download pretty much everything I'm interested in. Even if I don't clearly know at that moment exactly why I'm interested, which still happens very often and which I have almost never been wrong about as my skills catch up to my interests. And that makes my interests expand again. I used to let space considerations guide me and merely add mods to my tracker. I still track a lot of mods while they're being fine-tuned, until they're "ripe", but mostly I download the moment my eye is caught and then keep tracking for updates until the maker has achieved what s/he envisioned.

I finally took care of the space issues -- and once I had, I went back and downloaded all the mods I'd ever hesitated over that were still available. Some weren't. I even download many of the available earlier versions of each, unless new versions replace downright broken ones, because sometimes later "improvements" go beyond the point at which I really liked the mod just the way it was for my own game.

It's all manual. I keep everything in its own folder, by game, then within the folder by type of mod.... Modders' resources in a separate folder, with folders within folders within folders, by type, by author within type. I do this also with good tutorials (before they disappear, before the pictures they once had disappear, and you're left with instructions that say, "Make sure your settings match the screenshot exactly!" only there's no screenshot anymore!)

I can find anything within seconds. And all of these are part of my normal backups and archived off my computer. Now I don't rely on sites and servers staying up or the continued good will or unchanged circumstances of the uploaders. I don't eat my heart out over something I yearned for but didn't get and now it's gone.... I fully expect to be playing these games and making mods well through my 60s and 70s and beyond -- and I'm looking at all of it as an investment in my future.

In short: if something takes your fancy, grab it! :thumbsup:

Not exactly the answers I was looking for but alright, thanks everyone. I just downloaded an app to organize google bookmarks better and did it that way. But if whoevers in charge wants to re-do the site or add something to it, this would be a great thing to add.

• 2 weeks later...

You download copies of mods you refuse to play without. Not only do they sometimes disappear, but occasionally a mod update by the mod author is not what you want. if you don't have a copy of the old mod version and the author keeps a clean file page, you are stuck.

You download copies of mods you refuse to play without. Not only do they sometimes disappear, but occasionally a mod update by the mod author is not what you want. if you don't have a copy of the old mod version and the author keeps a clean file page, you are stuck.

This very thing happened to me in Oblivion. It was a mod for flaming arrows. It was beautiful. Then an update was released which didn't work (at least for me). Fortunately for me, as the good Mr. ManleySteele points out, I had the old, working, mod in my mod archives. All was good once again.

Rabbit