Model Issues: NifSkope Happy, GECK Upset

PAPVAFS11

RESOLVED, SEE NEXT POST

I've been trying with a great lack of success to get a model ported into New Vegas as a way to crack back into modding. I thought I'd made progress in the past couple of days, as I'd finally managed to get the GECK to stop throwing a fit when viewing the model. Turns out, I'd just blundered into a new problem.

The model isn't giving my computer a seizure anymore when the GECK views it, but it's not rendering correctly either. When loaded in NifSkope, the model looks just fine. When loaded in the GECK, it's a flat, single-color blob playing keep-away with the camera. The few times I've gotten the GECK to accept the model (by tossing out its skin modifier and rendering it useless for my purposes), some elements are untextured despite being textured in NifSkope.

For a complete perspective on what I'm trying to do, the model in question is meant as an armor model (that more-or-less replaces the entire character, head, hands, and all) for a unique NPC. It will never be used by the player and I have no intention of the model ever being dismembered. I'm using 3DS Max 2011 to export the model and have zero experience on the subject (so I probably should've expected this).

I apologize if this has come up a million times before. I've spent what's felt like hours staring at Google and have found only one mildly relevant result. I'm at my wits' end and I have no clue what to do anymore.

Edited by PAPVAFS11

Figures. I break down and ask for help and solve it in the same breath.

As much as it doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me, I followed this advice, copied-and-pasted the branches for the textures, and the model works disturbingly well now. I'm still incredibly hazy on how textures could make the entire mesh fall apart like that, but the switch-and-swap worked and I even got one of the broken textures working now. I hope my idiocy manages to help anyone who stumbles into my footprints.

Pardon me while I go hang myself.

Edited by PAPVAFS11

It's rather simple really. in BSShaderPPLightingProperty in shader flags there is a flag called SF_Skinned. If you have a skinned object then this needs to be a flag or else the mesh will not render correctly if at all. Often it renders in GECK as lines that stretch across the screen.