AI Packages: How to make an actor run away from player?

ProgMath2

Out of combat.

I tried to use 'flee' mod in package, assigning player as target, setting location to current with radius (in different combinations).

Victim just stays on the place and refuses to start dialogue.

Edited by ProgMath2

Time is any, duration is 0. NPC is a random one, so it can have any other packages. I assign mine with AddScriptPackage.The victim starts cowering and shows the message "%n is fleeing" instead of startibg dialogue. So I assume my package is working, it just does not make the victim move.

Have a look at how this is handled by NPCs yield and/or NPCs yield - refined (not certain if Quabla made any changes to kuertee's code in that part of the mod for the refined version).

That mod has an option to force the NPC to "get out of the area" after they yield.

Striker879

Thanks for the reference. That mod has interesting system: a quest remembers the last cell player visited, and when NPC needs to run, it takes wander package with that last cell assigned as destination point. Maybe I'll do something like that.

Edited by ProgMath2

I've disabled (via the INI) the mod's cleanup of NPCs that yield and can attest that as long as the NPCs are in that cell they will run whenever my guy happens by. I have found on occasion though that they will return to hostile, but I think that is more a mod interaction thing as sometimes defeated NPCs will regain their health. Usually those healthy NPCs will continue with flee behavior and sometimes not. I don't mind as it adds some variety.