How to uninstall the Toolset? Help!

rosvitacousland

My Toolset hasn't got all resources and after trying several methods with help of kind other members to get these missing resources I decided to uninstall my old Toolset.

So far, so good.

But, I don't accomplish even to uninstall the Toolset.

a) There is NO uninstall.exe file.

b) There is NO file to delete in the list of a control panel as described to be there:

s. http://pcuninstalltool.com/articles/How-Do-I-Uninstall/Remove-Dragon+Age+Origins+Toolset-Completely-Off-Your-PC_26_8857.html

c) In addition I tried just to delete the .exe "manual", but it didn't work. I mean, when I put the next .exe into the folder "tools" I got my old modules inside and the resources are still missing.

d) Simply overwriting seems not to work neither:

s. http://answers.ea.com/t5/Dragon-Age-Origins/Dragon-age-tool-set-uninstall/td-p/3141234

What shall I do?

Ahhh... "The Toolset". :geek:

Remember:

1. It was never officially supported.

2. It was never updated (well, not after v1.01 fixed a "crash-on-load" problem.)

3. It requires the (now unsupported) database program "MS SQL Server 2005 - Compact Edition", which it installs (or tries to) when you execute the downloaded file.

Put 'em all together and you have a witch's brew of possible problems.

Short answer is to remove every trace of both the Toolset itself and SQL Server 2005, including using a registry cleaner, (I use cclean) then attempt the re-install.

Longer answer would require details about your rig, the install, and the current state. (Probably not worth the effort, for either party.)

I have it working correctly under Win10 using the LAA hak to get my save files to load, but I may simply be one of the lucky ones. :mellow:

Good Luck! :cool:

Thank you for your kind answer!

- I have got this program, the SQL Server 2005.

- Well, I would like to know, what would be "every trace" of the Toolset. I suppose something in the folder "Tools", isn't it?

- I have got the CCleaner. The Toolset doesn't appear in its list of programs to uninstall. But I guess, you already knew that.

Sigh.

First, the Toolset isn't "installed" in the sense that Windows uses the term, so it won't appear in that sort of search. In the folder: "C:\Program Files (x86)\Common Files\BioWare", there should be a program named "Uninstall Dragon Age Toolset.exe". Running that would be the place to start.

Second, unless you installed SQL 2005 Server for some other purpose (and you would probably remember doing it), then that's the database program installed along with the Toolset. So if the above uninstall program doesn't remove it, you should uninstall it normally. (It does appear in the Control Panel list of programs.)

Third, by "every trace of the Toolset" I mean that after you've done the above, search your drive for anything called "Toolset", (or "Tools", if it's under a BioWare folder) and determine if it belongs to something else, or delete it as well. Then after doing all the other steps, run a registry cleaner to fix any (now orphaned) pointers to the things you just removed.

1. Good to know, that the Toolset isn't installed at all...

2. I don't find/ have got the path C:\Program Files(86)\ Common Files\ Bioware. By the way, I have got Vista, 32, not 64.

3. I didn't install the SQL Server at all. Must be an automatis install by opening the toolset.exe.

4. I am sorry, I even can't find a sql uninstall server in the panel.

Help!

Edit: I just tried to restore the database: (Yara meant, it would be a problem of database, when I didn't get some resources into the Toolset. If true, I don't need to "uninstall" it...)

s. http://social.bioware.com/wiki/datoolset/index.php/Manual_database_installation#Creating_bw_dragonage_content

but I got an error message: something like no access to the database

Edited by rosvitacousland

Regarding your edit: I described how to restore the database but I still recommend as well to make a fresh re-installation.

You have installed the Management Studio lately but there can´t be a connection yet. The access seems to be locked. Currently you could only try to restore a back up (the orginal bak) as command line.

But as I understood you have now manually deleted some files. Try to uninstall and/ or clean the registry with the CCleaner - like Thandal recommended as well.

<snip>

2. I don't find/ have got the path C:\Program Files(86)\ Common Files\ Bioware. By the way, I have got Vista, 32, not 64.

3. I didn't install the SQL Server at all. Must be an automatis install by opening the toolset.exe.

<ship>

2. If you have the 32-bit version of Vista, you won't have the folder "\Program Files (x86)", you'll just have "\Program Files", so look there.

3. Are you absolutely sure?

http://staticdelivery.nexusmods.com/images/140/1678793-1452565151.png

Double check for any similar entries.

2. If you have the 32-bit version of Vista, you won't have the folder "\Program Files (x86)", you'll just have "\Program Files", so look there.

Concerning 2.: Unfortunately I have got parts of the game at two places (Because - C: - is already very overstuffed):

a. C:\Users\SR\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age

(There are as subfolders "AddIns", "Characters" etc.)

b. E:\Spiele\Sims3\Dragon Age

(There are as subfolders "_Installer", "addins", "bin_ship" ... "tools" (with the Toolset in it))

3. Are you absolutely sure?

Double check for any similar entries.

Concerning 3.: Well, you're right. Excuse me, please! I feel like a lemon. I just looked for "SQL Server" under "-S-", not under "-M-" for "Microsoft SQL Server". I have got the two files as shown in your picture (very helpful by the way, many thanks!)

So, what shall I do? Delete the two SQL files you have marked in the picture?

Please remember that you have installed the Management Studio lately. When you deinstall now the SQL Server components (like Thandal suggested in his second post) then I recommend to reinstall the Management Studio (with SQL Server ) again before you reinstall the Toolset. The Toolset installation package includes the SQL 2005 Server. Untick that during the Toolset installation. Just follow the installation video tutorial (link in the installation document I have send you earlier).

Concerning 2.: Unfortunately I have got parts of the game at two places (Because - C: - is already very overstuffed):

a. C:\Users\SR\Documents\BioWare\Dragon Age

(There are as subfolders "AddIns", "Characters" etc.)

b. E:\Spiele\Sims3\Dragon Age

(There are as subfolders "_Installer", "addins", "bin_ship" ... "tools" (with the Toolset in it))

The first folder you referenced is your "user profile" stuff. That's your saves, screenshots, settings, "\packages\core\override" (for mods) etc. That's always going to be in a different location, although not always on a different drive, from the game's "program files".

Seems like your game's program files are installed under the "\Spiele\Sims" folder, (yes, I know "spiele" is Deutsch for "game") and those other folders you named are the normal ones for a DAO install. And yes, that's where the Toolset gets placed. You found it! :laugh: