Retroactive bug? Invisible raid depletes all resources

Hoamaii

When finishing a dungeon and checking settlements stats to find Sanctuary all to zero once again, I fast travel there. Everything looks normal for the 1st two seconds or so, then all lights magically go off around me, all generators start smoking, crops disappear and turrets break down. No attackers ever show up or anything - and of course no warning on the quest data. And when I check the workshop, all food and water resources have completely vanished, including raw meat and wild plants - only beer and other booze remain. 62 levels of crops gone in a puff!..

My big trouble is when I reload any one of the past 10 or 15 saves, exactly the same thing happens even though I've been back several times to Sanctuary in those saves to unload all my junk and store some legendary items (I checked, these items are still in their containers). And everything was fine - my mistake was not to save in Sanctuary then. I have to go back several levels and some 10 or 12 hours of gaming to find an untouched save - which makes me loose all progression and some pretty nice random legenday items.

After reloading and reloading many different saves, the best I could get was an invisible attack where all my settlers start shooting around at nothing and, again, generators and turrets all magically die around me. No raiders or mutants or radscorpions or anything, and no warning message either.

My guess is some attack is triggered on Sanctuary that the game fails to warn me about but I cannot imagine how it could affect previous saves - or completely delete resources which should have been stored in those saves. Has anyone ever had that? A retroactive bug?!.. I can't imagine how this could work other than saving on top of a corrupt save.

Oh, complete Vanilla game by the way - I always do a first Vanilla round with Bethesda's games.