Giant rats (makes so much sense to have there), Geckos (same, and were in FO3 too), night stalkers (look so cool), coyotes and bighorners. Really hate insects and spiders even more, so can live without more of those...

Geckos weren't in vanilla Fallout 3- they were in Mart's Mutant Mod.

I'd love to see sesom bring back the iguanas and for someone to rig up some radbunnies from the irradiated rabbit mesh on the pack brahmin.

Giant rats (makes so much sense to have there), Geckos (same, and were in FO3 too), night stalkers (look so cool), coyotes and bighorners. Really hate insects and spiders even more, so can live without more of those...

I'd love to see sesom bring back the iguanas and for someone to rig up some radbunnies from the irradiated rabbit mesh on the pack brahmin.

Hehe, my bad. Was confusing them with the ants. Not sleeping properly for 6 days does weird things with your memory.... :)

The radbunnies could probably use a lot of the molerat animations too.

Also, snakes... could make them pretty big and terrifying. Or just for the hell of it, a Radmanbearpig

Since when were geckos not part of the vanilla FONV? If I remember correctly , the basic tutorial experience comes at the start of the game and helping Sunny Smiles to hunt ...Geckos.

Anyway, I do agree that there seems to be a ------ lopsided ecology at work in Fallout 4, and yes I had wondered why I never saw any squirrels, and big slinking, 9 foot long, head-up-to-my-waist iguanas would be freaky cool. I think the inclusion of two more mammals, a reptile, and an avian species would really help the world to seem more.... fleshed out.

As for more aquatic species, brrrrr....I get the shivers when I get near any large body of water in the game. Also, for me, myself and I... I would be part of the "No-Snakes Please" lobbyists. I'm in full agreement with Indiana Jones in that I HATE snakes. *grin*

Also, whats up with Bethesda not even giving the freaking cats/kitties a "meow" sound when you go near them?? Did the radiation mutate the 'meow' out of all cats...lol

OHH, and my vote for the two mammals would be.... A) the squirrels, maybe vorpal squirrels that go after people too, trying to get some nuts. hahaha, and B) a mutated Goat, since goats are well stereotyped as eating anything, I can imagine a laugh turning to a look of panic at seeing an oversized goat with funky weird horns, nibbling on an old corroded toxic waste barrel,....with its eyes a bright luminescent glowing color as it turns toward you and 'Detected' pops up on the screen and it starts running at you while braying a spine chilling Baaaa ahhh ahhh ahhhh. lol

Who knows...maybe the Commonwealth even hides a gnarly Goat-Boy somewhere in the dark recesses of the urban wasteland. Or maybe thats just an Urban Myth.

Ohhh heres an idea too..... a CHUPACABRA = Goat-Snake-Chihuahua Thing !!!!! LMAO

Since when were geckos not part of the vanilla FONV? If I remember correctly , the basic tutorial experience comes at the start of the game and helping Sunny Smiles to hunt ...Geckos.

They were in New Vegas (and FO 2 as well), but not in Fallout 3. Their existence in NV was never disputed.

Edited by humanindustry

Anyway, I do agree that there seems to be a ------ lopsided ecology at work in Fallout 4, and yes I had wondered why I never saw any squirrels, and big slinking, 9 foot long, head-up-to-my-waist iguanas would be freaky cool. I think the inclusion of two more mammals, a reptile, and an avian species would really help the world to seem more.... fleshed out.

As for more aquatic species, brrrrr....I get the shivers when I get near any large body of water in the game. Also, for me, myself and I... I would be part of the "No-Snakes Please" lobbyists. I'm in full agreement with Indiana Jones in that I HATE snakes. *grin*

Also, whats up with Bethesda not even giving the freaking cats/kitties a "meow" sound when you go near them?? Did the radiation mutate the 'meow' out of all cats...lol

OHH, and my vote for the two mammals would be.... A) the squirrels, maybe vorpal squirrels that go after people too, trying to get some nuts. hahaha, and B) a mutated Goat, since goats are well stereotyped as eating anything, I can imagine a laugh turning to a look of panic at seeing an oversized goat with funky weird horns, nibbling on an old corroded toxic waste barrel,....with its eyes a bright luminescent glowing color as it turns toward you and 'Detected' pops up on the screen and it starts running at you while braying a spine chilling Baaaa ahhh ahhh ahhhh. lol

Who knows...maybe the Commonwealth even hides a gnarly Goat-Boy somewhere in the dark recesses of the urban wasteland. Or maybe thats just an Urban Myth.

Ohhh heres an idea too..... a CHUPACABRA = Goat-Snake-Chihuahua Thing !!!!! LMAO

There should be moose, turkeys, seals, bobcats ,otters, fishers, weasels, racoons, skunks, rabbits, turtles, beavers, and eagles. All are native to the state so they'd fit in perfectly. Venomous snakes like the copperhead and timber rattlesnake would be interesting too if there was some kind of system for dealing with poisoning the player.

I disagree, don't know why, but it would be best if we just leave the agreesive animals for the predator. But I would love if there's more ruminant in the game, seeing there's dozens of Giants predators, it wouldn't be surprising of there's also a large amount of herbivores. Also, we also can add Chupacabras into the game, maybe they're evolved dogs who able to predate on meat and blood.

I'd have to disagree with gecko's in Fallout 4, it takes place in Boston after all, how about sticking to animals that would logically be native to the area? :)

I'm not sure we need more aggressive animals either. Personally I'd prefer if a lot of it simply acted like extra ambient animals (for those who've played WoW think critters), they just sort of hang around, add a bit of atmosphere to the game, and pretty much no xp if you attack it. Or more likely, make them act like the radstags, docile or runs away from you.

Animal wise I'd say squirrels make sense, considering how common squirrel bits are some of those should be around. Rabbits and snakes are another two that makes sense, and regular rats really should have been in the game from the get go. Heck I'd be happy if we could just rework some of the molerats to be rats...

Aggressive aquatic life would be neat but tricky considering you don't get to use your weapons in water (not sure about melee weapons, haven't tried them, but we all know you can't use any firearms), but just have some fish swimming by, some whales (according to the file names those washed up bloated big things are supposed to be whales... looks more like mutated dolphins to me), and possibly some crabs(/smaller mirelurks) skittering across the bottom. Have them be docile unless you attack them first.

And if we do need new models and such (which I'm guessing will be needed to some extent) can we agree to not make more two-headed animals? The brahmin are bad enough, but the radstags just... how were they even born? Let alone survived without snapping it's spine? How has it not gotten it's antlers entangled yet? Just, can we stick to one head?