Versispellis

I've noticed a rather annoying bug related to wolf fx. Many of the sound effects fail to play, even on a clean save with no plugins or mods enabled.

The sounds that fail to play seem to be related to aggrowarning, attack, powerattack, and bark. Searching around the internet, I found an old thread that describes my problem: http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/615804-the-elder-scrolls-v-skyrim/65569571

Now, I'm aware that there was a bug associated with Dawnguard that muted the wolves' howling. There's a patch for that available on the Nexus, and it works wonderfully. What I'm wondering is if this could be a Dawnguard related issue that's never been resolved.

Other theories are welcome, too.

It may be, there should be a lot of issues that haven't been solved still, after all the Bethesda patches. I can't tell since I'm using Arthmoor's unofficial patches since the longest times.

Yeah, it's hard to say. I'm a long-time user of them too. I consider it curious that I never noticed the wolf fx problem until recently, though thinking back on it, I can't remember the fx ever working. Provided that this isn't an issue that's unique to my setup, I can confirm that the unofficial patches don't fix the wolf fix.

Hmmm, I'm not sure I can help you. I forgot to mention that I'm using Moonlight Tales mod, so that probably did something to any bug that was there before, like fixing said fx.