Fallout 4 longevity - GECK expectations?

DrabRab

• Replies 82
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The best thing for fallout 4 right now would be more fun side quests with a real story as well as improvements to how settlements work.

I really like to make settlements but the way it works right now feels so limmiting that I have a hard time finding myself doing it.

We would really need a mod that replaces the settlement building system with something more in line with the sims,

introduce a propper settllement management system with tools that support the job and have your settlements affect the surrounding world.

If you build big settlements and/or build in all settlements the world should react to that.

Sanctuary and Spectacle island can basically be made to something that challanges Dimond City as the best place to live.

The best thing for fallout 4 right now would be more fun side quests with a real story as well as improvements to how settlements work.

I really like to make settlements but the way it works right now feels so limmiting that I have a hard time finding myself doing it.

We would really need a mod that replaces the settlement building system with something more in line with the sims,

introduce a propper settllement management system with tools that support the job and have your settlements affect the surrounding world.

If you build big settlements and/or build in all settlements the world should react to that.

Sanctuary and Spectacle island can basically be made to something that challanges Dimond City as the best place to live.

Nailed it, imo.

I really felt like, FO4 compared to others, is lacking in the side quest department this time. Usually its the main quest thats meh, with lots of side quests, both interesting and simple. This time, it seems like there are very very few side quests compared to games past, and that makes exploring a bit less interesting (that and non-unique weapon models for uniques, most of the "uniques" you can get via Legendary weapons). I really really want more quest content.

I think the main story was quite good, however. I really like the multiple factions aspect, FO3 lacked that, as did skyrim. So that was nice (ALmost forget NV had multi-faction main story, I need to replay it ).

Settlements are a fantastic concept that needed to be taken just a bit further and hopefully will be via mods and DLC. Right now, they don't offer too too much in the way of gameplay. There isnt a particular reason to establish 30 full colonies currently. I am hoping mods and DLC can really address this, and give more benefits to doing so going forward.

I personally love Fallout 4 over all, but as with any game, there are a lot of things I would suggest to improve :smile: The concepts for this mod are a lot of areas I would like to see improved.

(that and non-unique weapon models for uniques, most of the "uniques" you can get via Legendary weapons)

There are unique weapons in the game. Some are only hand placed even if there was more than one like the sweet Syringer.

While some don't have their own models, they their own enchantments. Like the crab slayer rifle, that french named shotgun and others.

I really like the multiple factions aspect, FO3 lacked that, as did skyrim.

You mean in the main quest right?

Because Skyrim has four factions with their own questlines and the fact you missed them is really, really, really odd. Expect if you were main quest junkie.

There isnt a particular reason to establish 30 full colonies currently.

There is really not and I hardly think the devs would think a normal player would build that much.

Personally, I found the best way to use them. You simply pick far away, day distance 2-6 something settlements. Build simple stuff like a simple shack, workshops, power armor stand and what not. Make them simple stops while adventuring.

I thought about it when I was wondering around would find workshops and power armor stand. It was nice to fix and mod my stuff while I stop for a while.

SH really odds me out, nice location, a lot of water, okay houses that can be used and no one. No one thought of living in them? That just odd.

Now when I think about it, I never visited SI.

Skyrim's MAIN story did not have multiple factions and factions influencing it, which is what I was talking about in the part you chose to snipe out. I am more than aware of the factions outside of the main story, in fact its my point: Skyrim had fantastic "side" content, such as the various guilds, factions, etc that Fallout 4 is very lacking in.

Sorry I did not make it clear that I was still talking about the main quest there, I thought I did since it was in a separate section discussing it *shrug*.

• 1 month later...

I just want my settlements to stop going up in flames without warning, then I can just relax and play.

And I would like new things from the DLC such as more guns, power armor paint jobs, additional settlement upgrades and of course new expansions. And by expansions, I really mean going to Canada and fighting mutant moose with an energy weapon powered by radioactive maple syrup whilst trying to stop a war between the Enclave and Canadian Mounties.

Though I think I would be alright if my settlements were safe.

haha! gotta be the best post I've read today! :D I vote HELL YES to those ideas! :P

and btw- the "settlement up in flames" issue - lots of different nexusmods fix that problem :)

Vault Dweller since 1997-

I'm not sure but I bet Spectacle Island is actually bigger than Diamond City by a large margin.

I'd also like to have the option to build Haircut vendors and I'd like my medical vendors to be able to do face alterations.

Well, said before by me: Mods make the Beth game.

Without?

BAAAAH.

I see them as modding platforms, without mods they're a mile wide but only an inch deep, the last Bethesda game I could play without mods was Morrowind.