GiantSweetroll

I was doing Alduin's Bane quest and I have learnt the Dragonrend shout. During the merethic era alduin was immediately put to the ground when they used dragonrend on him. However when it was my turn to fight him the dragonrend seemed to have no effect on him. He is still able to fly around the mountain as if nothing has happened, even until the dragonrend effect on him wears off. There are only a few chances I get in which Alduin landed on the mountain after being shouted with dragonrend, but as soon as he landed and I attack with melee, he just flew off. Sometimes I can't even land a hit before he flew again despite still under the effect of dragonrend.

Is there a fix to this? Why is this happening? It's really annoying because I can only deal damage to Alduin when he is under the dragonrend effect. Here are the mods I have that are linked to alduin and dragonrend shout:

Deadly Dragons (makes dragon stronger and more deadly)

Individualized Shout Cooldown (Separate cooldown for each shout so I can use multiple shouts simultaneously)

More Dramatic Alduin (alduin skin retexture)

The Dragon Engine (creates random skin variants for dragons, although Alduin is not affected)

Perkus Maximus (I don't know if this may even be related but just FYI)

I would gladly add additional info if needed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :)

I was doing Alduin's Bane quest and I have learnt the Dragonrend shout. During the merethic era alduin was immediately put to the ground when they used dragonrend on him. However when it was my turn to fight him the dragonrend seemed to have no effect on him. He is still able to fly around the mountain as if nothing has happened, even until the dragonrend effect on him wears off. There are only a few chances I get in which Alduin landed on the mountain after being shouted with dragonrend, but as soon as he landed and I attack with melee, he just flew off. Sometimes I can't even land a hit before he flew again despite still under the effect of dragonrend.

Is there a fix to this? Why is this happening? It's really annoying because I can only deal damage to Alduin when he is under the dragonrend effect. Here are the mods I have that are linked to alduin and dragonrend shout:

Individualized Shout Cooldown (Separate cooldown for each shout so I can use multiple shouts simultaneously)

The Dragon Engine (creates random skin variants for dragons, although Alduin is not affected)

I would gladly add additional info if needed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hope this helps you --> https://youtu.be/h2pMTVKesOA

I would gladly add additional info if needed. Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated :smile:

Hope this helps you --> https://youtu.be/h2pMTVKesOA

404 - Not Found.

• 3 years later...
Open the console and do a search for alduin. (Help alduin. ) then page up until you find a global variable called "mqalduinignoredragonrend = 1.00" use the set (globalvariable) to # command to set mqalduinignoredragonrend to 0. Dragontend should then affect alduin normally.