I have a texture, been unable to get it chrome using Photoshop

foolishDIO

Hi ! I'm no 3d pro at all but,

I'm not sure it's in the texture folder that you have to look ;)

In the texture folder you'll find

_d > Diffuse Map (Dxt 1 or 5 if alpha)

_n > Normal Map (3Dc)

_s > Specularity Map (3Dc)

You may want to have a look in the materials folder instead of the texture folder and find the corresponding .bgsm material file for the object you want to edit.

You can open it material editor and try different settings I guess ! Or maybe in blender but I'm not sure whether you can export your material or not.

Maybe these tuto could help (I haven't checked it) and/or this

Hi ! I'm no 3d pro at all but,

I'm not sure it's in the texture folder that you have to look :wink:

In the texture folder you'll find

_d > Diffuse Map (Dxt 1 or 5 if alpha)

_n > Normal Map (3Dc)

_s > Specularity Map (3Dc)

You may want to have a look in the materials folder instead of the texture folder and find the corresponding .bgsm material file for the object you want to edit.

You can open it material editor and try different settings I guess ! Or maybe in blender but I'm not sure whether you can export your material or not.

Maybe these tuto could help (I haven't checked it) and/or this

Yeah those are the three textures I have been altering, I read in a tutorial on the nexus one needs to alter the diffuse or specularity map to make the texture shiny, specifically making the Red and Green channels white but when I did that it didn't seem to work. The texture looks chromish but glitchy. Thanks for linking that material modding tutorial though maybe it will have something that helps