Random Mod Ideas

MGySgtHeath

Hello modding community!

I thought that since I have no modding skill or talent at all I could put my mod ideas here for the chance that one of them gets picked up and becomes a reality. If anything, this topic will be a notepad for me to jot down ideas that i have before they go to that part of my brain of no return. oh, I'm also super nooby on how this stuff works "politically" so everything here is fair game and I dont even need recognition if someone uses an idea of mine, I didn't do anything to make the mod so giving me credit is silly. Anyways here we go.

1/16/16

~Putting weapons on our backs, I know there are basic versions of this out already but I would like to see something like what we had in Skyrim where you could have your favorite weapons hanging off your bod and give them physics as well, gotta have my sniper bounce off dat booty. :wink:

~Pubic hair with PHYSICS, I know that's a silly, almost pointless idea/mod but if anything it would be funny to have flowing locks of hair flying between your legs while you sprint away from a Deathclaw.

~Give settlements a new feature, let's call it "COMPLETE", this will require a lot of work but what if you get a new settlement and you're just not in the mood to cultivate it to perfection? for a hefty price you can just use a pre-made "complete" settlement that will make it self sustaining and remove all the scrap and put up the wall etc. so when settlers show up they can just get right to work guarding or farming.

~I'm pretty sure this already in development but I want to put it down anyways. AWOP (A World Of Pain) for Fallout 4, as much as I like Fallout 4's super dense areas that have like 10 locations in a 5 meter radius, it makes the rest of the map pretty empty and truly makes me feel the SMALLNESS of the vanilla map. AWOP from NV not only added so much for me to explore but it also added a ton to the story and feel of that game and sometimes I couldn't even tell if a location was vanilla or AWOP and that's what i think F4 needs dearly.

1/18/16

~More world physics, like tarps or blankets blowing in the wind or a sheet in a doorway frantically freaking out as you walk through it, yknow, the good stuff. in all seriousness though a "wind" mechanic would be cool and add a ton of immersion to weather mods, for example, when a crazy intense rad storm rolls in and you could see curtains, door covers and tarp roofs flapping about.

~This would be super hard (I'd think) but if there was a way to take have clothes dynamically fit to different characters so you could give companions and npcs a particular body shape but instead of changing to your body when you give them clothes, the clothing would conform to their body. Currently your options are either have every lady in Boston have the same body or you can sacrifice an outfit to make it onto your companion's body but now no one else can ever wear that and most armor pieces wouldn't fit if their body is to different from yours. that was way too long but whatever, dynamic clothing damnit.

~Speaking of dynamic, how about adding physics to clothing, I know the skirts have physics and all but how about the loose clothing or, like the longshoreman outfit, have a bunch of junk that's hanging off your bod 'jingle jangle jingle' :wink: this idea could tie in with the previous idea by having 'bigger' bodied people (either from massive tits and asses or just fat/buff) cram into armor pieces that are taunt, almost digging into the skin, and 'small' bodied people (children, petite ladies, or string beans) would have armor look like it's going to fall off. idk, again, super hard to do but it's out there now.

1/20/16

~there's a mod called "place in red" and it allows you to place items even though they're red, crazy I know, but one of the possibilities with this mod was that you could take the hanging light bulb and place to a power line effectively making strung lights. The idea I got was why not take the string lights that are in the game and either have them replace power lines or somehow give you the option to choose between normal and light, and the lights could be set at a standard length, so every 12 in. a light would pop onto the line and that way you could have enough wiggle room but still have a good amount of lights. To top it all off you could even use your newly acquired lights as a makeshift tape measure, what? I'm sure people want that... whatever.

1/21/16

~In MW3 (one of the good CoDs) there were these 2 sights that were killer, one was an EO Tech holographic sight with a magnifier that you could drop down to the side so at any moment you could go from a reflex sight to a 2x zoom and it had a cool animation for the transitions (I loved that sight). the other was an ACOG with a mini reflex sight on top and you could switch between the 2 with your character turning a knob to shift power to the other reticle (more to show that your input was read). So, what I think would be great is to have weapon mods like that in F4 like maybe the ability to attach/remove silencers at your leisure instead of having to go to a workbench to do that. Another idea would be to add cool weapon drawing animations, for example, when you draw your sick ass M4A1 your character extends or unfolds the stock since it was in 'storage mode' while it was wedged between your buttcheeks... or backpack, I don't judge.

~I could put this in with the last idea but it was so long I'll just put it here. Again, in CoD some weapons would have parts of them mimic physics, course this was just apart of the walking and idle animation but strap loops or the strap itself (looking at you Commando from Blops 1) would dangle off of the gun and swayed when equipped, just adds life to the weapons to make them not feel like a mesh and texture.

~This would be very difficult cuz I'm pretty sure this is an engine thing, nevertheless, in games like Crysis 3 and upcoming Homefront Revolution there's a 'hot swap' mechanic where you put your gun in front of you and prompts for barrel, sight, upper receiver, lower receiver, and maybe some others would appear and you could, right then and there, take off your 5.56 M4 carbine upper receiver and put a long barreled .308 upper receiver effectively turning your carbine into a marksman rifle, further more you could slap on an ACOG or higher zoom scope to turn that rifle into a sniper, and then you could add an angled grip and silencer for better stability and silenced shots. Again, I'm pretty sure that's only doable with the Crytek engine since that's what the two games i mentioned use but it sounds cool as heck to have.

2/1/16

~A Magpul ACR, I know someone, somewhere is making it as I type this, but I want it SO BAD. Oh, and it has to be at least as detailed as the one from NV.

2/16/16

~At the current point in my game, I've currently have ONE barber (edit: there's 2, but that other one is in an even less frequented location) and ONE face "rearranger", both of which are in diamond city and nowhere else in the commonwealth. I know you can use SLM 14 to do what you need anywhere but how about a settlement option where you can build a barber's chair and assign a settler to it and do the same with a surgery chair (or table, if that's possible). this could also be expanded...

~You could expand this idea to make specific buildings that house these features, like a barber shop or clinic. You could also use the small diner building and place a diner in you settlements that would increase food count by a lot. unfortunately, with the removal of skills we cant make skill reqs for which settlers can be a barber or cook or surgeon but it's not TOO immersion breaking so I'll let it slide... this time.

I'll post whenever I get an idea and date em' (idk why) so until next time, don't get rekt out there, wastelander.

Edited by MGySgtHeath