CTD On Launch

Xanika42

Hi! So I am a brand new modder and still trying to figure things out, please forgive me if I sound dumb or don't know obvious things....

I was trying to install ENBoost (v0.292) and I'm running into issues with it. I think I installed it correctly by following a guide (copy the files "d3d9.dll", "enbhost.exe" and "enblocal.ini" into Skyrim's folder). Yet my game crashes every time just after the Bethesda logo fades out. I have absolutely no clue what to do now, as every fix I've been able to find doesn't seem to work. I'm pretty sure it's something to do with the "d3d9.dll" file, because if I remove it there is no problem loading. Please help?
Also I haven't installed any mods yet, just mod managers
Specs:
Windows 8.1 64bit
i7 4790k
Geforce GTX 980m (4 gb)
24 gb RAM
Edited by Xanika42

Did you follow the guide and edit enblocal.ini? It seems like your enblocal.ini is not set up correctly.

http://wiki.step-project.com/ENBoost#Recommendations

Wow I think that actually worked, I could load my file and everything. I changed some of those settings before, but I guess not all of them.

Although now when I open the game it says "PATCH SPEEDHACK EMBoost turn on in eblocal.ini, graphic modification disabled". Does that mean the mods won't work? Sorry for having no clue what I'm doing