New Radio Station Proposal

Caerdic

I have an Idea for a Mod I think would be Highly enjoyed.

However I have NO IDEA how to make a mod much less one of this size.

Fact: The world of Fallout progressed very high in Science and Tech.

However 1 area that did not progress beyond the 30's, 40's and 50's was the Music.

The War started in 2077 (and ended there as well but hey).

Music should have progressed at the same rate that it has in the real World at least.

My proposal is too make an entirely new Radio station with a DJ and all but have only music from the 80's - 2010 ish

Have different Downloads for the Various Genres of Music (Heavy Metal, Rock, Rap, Pop, Club, Country/Western)

Like I said I have NO IDEA how too make mods, This will require a very good Mod Maker, Patience, Licencing, and a DJ (I have a deep voice and am fairly articulate so I will Volunteer for this part.

Thank you all, for Reading this proposal,

Caerdic.

• 1 month later...

Like I said I have NO IDEA how too make mods, This will require a very good Mod Maker, Patience, Licencing, and a DJ (I have a deep voice and am fairly articulate so I will Volunteer for this part.

Fortunately (thanks to the hard work of the modders who figured out how to do this originally) it's very easy to add a custom radio station to Fallout 4. I'm happy to help with the technical aspects, balancing the audio, converting it to .xwm, packaging it into a mod and setting it up to work in Fallout 4 or teaching you how to do this yourself.

However I don't really have any creative inspiration for the project or enough knowledge of the music scene to track down good free artists, get permission to use their music and write a script for the DJ. If you can handle these aspects yourself, or find someone else willing to assist then I'm certainly happy to assist as part of a team.

Best of luck with your project. Let me know if you could use my assistance with the technical side of things.

The cultural stagnation is a big part of the Fallout universe, so you're really going away from the lore if you advance the time period for music.

That said, if that's your preference, go for it.

The big challenge is going to be finding more modern music that won't give you copyright problems or be too expensive to license.

There's a great mod out there already that has done multiple radio stations with professional voice acting. It's called Old World Radio. You might look into how they handled it if you're really keen on doing this.

• 1 year later...

An excellent idea :)

An ambient sounds radio station would be good. I know that the music off radio is ambient but a station on the radio might be nice too :)

A heavy metal station would be good for combat

A big undertaking to get a mod like this to exist but it would be amazing :)

• 4 years later...

Sorry if I write here but i'm quite new and I don't know how to open a new thread; I'd like to make an ''almost lore friendly'' music mod.

I'd like to use retro-futuristic electronic music like this song Karyokinesis - Franco Battiato - YouTube but i can't find other suitable songs.

Can you help me? :smile:

Not a problem, imho, but I see you succeeded in creating your own thread in the meantime, so it would be nice to let people (who read this) know.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10807013-lore-friendly-retro-futuristic-mod/

Sorry if I write here but i'm quite new and I don't know how to open a new thread; I'd like to make an ''almost lore friendly'' music mod.

I'd like to use retro-futuristic electronic music like this song Karyokinesis - Franco Battiato - YouTube but i can't find other suitable songs.

Can you help me? :smile:

Not a problem, imho, but I see you succeeded in creating your own thread in the meantime, so it would be nice to let people (who read this) know.

https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/10807013-lore-friendly-retro-futuristic-mod/

Thank you, hope i'll find some other good song