Where did i put my throwing knifes?

Agnonthewolf

Hello people of the commonwealth! Remember back in the good ol' days when we could throw all sorts of throwing weapons around? YEAH? Why is this not a feature in fallout 4?! I mean we have an awesome throwing mechanic complete with all the features needed!

http://s16.postimg.org/x4nu3ufkx/Throwing_knife_icon.png

I am not the most skilled modder and i definitely have no experience working outside the GECK but i have seen standalone weapons added to the game already. I Hypothesis that if you made new explosives, increased their range and decreased their AOE damage to 0 and added a new model like the Combat Knife, table knife, PLAYING CARDS, Bowler hat (Odd job style), Tin can, bottle or even a rock! You could make an awesome weapon. I suggest trying to implement it thought the "Crafting Workbenches" mod. (also, and i'm not sure if its possible but IF just if it was possible to give things like the knife the pinning attribute og the railway-rifle that could be so awesome! Imagine pinning a mans hand to the wall!)

(I am aware someone will probably do this when the GECK comes out, if not then i will myself. But i really miss it right now :tongue: please help!)

Thanks in advance!
Best regards, Agnon

Edited by Agnonthewolf

I see what you coming at Lest120. But i must admit that's not really the case. As said, The features are already in the game as well as all the resources. I don't think it was left out for the soul reason that is was "cheaper" i swear it's a maximum of 3 hours work in the geck TOPS. Where on the other hand waiting for a modder to add it. Then ask that modder for permission and then to add it (possibly in an dlc) AND streamlining/ fitting it into the game so it looks like a Bethesda addon and not a mod. All that takes more time AND energy as well as money and even then it would possibly be cheaper just to make it from scratch non the less. :P
I am more susceptible to believe it was left out intentionally, possibly to be added in an upcoming DLC, They didn't feel like it fitted into the commonwealth, or they didn't think it was worth adding possibly because it's almost only viable in close quarters or with the "demolition expert rank II" throwing arc. :P

I see what you coming at Lest120. But i must admit that's not really the case. As said, The features are already in the game as well as all the resources. I don't think it was left out for the soul reason that is was "cheaper" i swear it's a maximum of 3 hours work in the geck TOPS. Where on the other hand waiting for a modder to add it. Then ask that modder for permission and then to add it (possibly in an dlc) AND streamlining/ fitting it into the game so it looks like a Bethesda addon and not a mod. All that takes more time AND energy as well as money and even then it would possibly be cheaper just to make it from scratch non the less. :tongue:

I am more susceptible to believe it was left out intentionally, possibly to be added in an upcoming DLC, They didn't feel like it fitted into the commonwealth, or they didn't think it was worth adding possibly because it's almost only viable in close quarters or with the "demolition expert rank II" throwing arc. :tongue:

difference is the company is most likely using 1k plus software compared to a free software (geck) the average modder uses for fallout. also fact they have employees all specialize in different department. and then also game has budget just like movie. and to keep people buying their game they allow modding. which cost them no money to make extra content and marketing via commercial or internet and bug fixes ect...