Be honest about Willow

ForsakenWarrior

Willow is undoubt-ably the most popular companion mod for New Vegas. That's understandable as well, as she is very well designed, the voice work is fantastic and there is a lot of meat to her mod. However, Willow has always had one glaring issue that I am uncertain if I want to complete her entire mod to see if it gets remedied. My question is how is willow's character? New Vegas has a plethora of likable companions, all with backstory and personal relation to the character. Cass has lost her caravan and got screwed over, Boone lost his wife and wishes to avenge her, Veronica wants to save her family from destruction despite their ignorance. Heck even mods can produce fantastic characters meeting Obsidian's quality such as Niner, a fantastic mod that adds a likable character who I felt a connection to and as the game went on Niner, like all my other companions, stopped being a programmed npc, and actually felt like my buddy, my friend, someone who was truly in the world and changing overtime. Willow.. she's attractive? I guess? Before anyone jumps on me, this is why I am making this topic. Is Willow truly that good of a character? I don't want to play through all her quests only to see the same girl I met in the beginning. Is there any resemblance of emotional connection to her? The Courier really deserves someone to hold at night and kiss after surviving another day in the harsh desert. Willow feels like a sex toy instead of a companion. But maybe I'm wrong. Am I? To anyone who has finished the mod please comment and tell me if it's worth playing through her mod to find a change in the character and there is something more to her. I would love to know because I want this mod to hit me to the point where it's a must have for my playthroughs. If not, is there any mod I SHOULD go for for my request?

Edited by ForsakenWarrior

You could just play with her and make your own judgments. I suspect no one feels the need to go to the effort to persuade someone who thinks she is just a "sex toy" and who poses a rather vague question "how is Willow's character" that he should like her. If you do not think she meets your standards, then have her wait somewhere or untick the mod.

I like Willow very much -- she almost add a new dimension to FNV. Everything about her voice acting and other stuff just feels intimately blended with wasteland. I can't believe somebody put that effort and it's quality time and skill in it. There were some times when I couldn't tell if the situations, characters, items etc are vanilla or added by Willow mod. I liked that a lot.

I have the feeling that she didn't make it all by herself but that's OK, by all means.

1. As for the downsides to match, I wish she wasn't that *coughs* easy. I'm aware that, unlike narrow-minded ppl with old preconceptions like me, ppl has this "openness", more like a "freedom" sense and tend to express feelings by... physical means more than in other ways but I personally prefer delicate and not-so-bold women.

2. J.T. and other few things made the game too easy, I had to reduce Willow's and J.T. health and skills.

As an off-topic, it would be not only fair but also more enjoyable if modders would keep things in balance by also decreasing other stats or something, so if a player uses the mod they couldn't get an upper hand or cheat in finishing the game earlier or you know what I mean.

All in all, I like playing with Willow so many tens of times more than with other companions and if there were a poll for llama to get officially involved in next Fallout series, I'd definitely vote for.

Willow feels like a sex toy instead of a companion.

If you've met her and don't like her I wouldn't expect that to change over time no matter what she does during gameplay. I usually decide whether I like a companion or not within the first five minutes. And, no, she isn't designed to be a sex toy, but I've found that her casual, sexual empowerment is confusing to a lot of players. I'd never write/release a girl companion like her again.

My question is how is willow's character?

Willow is an anti-NV character. She was written to be out-of-sync with everyone else in the game and to offer something different. She's the optimistic character in a sea of depressed ones. Her main trait is that she's devoted to the Courier; as friend or lover. It doesn't matter to her which it is. The relationship between the player and Willow grows over time, and is reflected through dialogue, which is different depending on what you do with her and if you are just friends or romance her, but primarily she's simply a devoted companion that offers her impressions about stuff and keeps you company. That's what I designed her to be.

I dont think calling her a sex toy is fair. I find Willow very vital to my fnv playthrough. You are legit dropped in the middle of nowhere, none you can trust, none you remember. A complete stranger to this wasteland. Your bond to be pessimistic about everyone and a little uneasy about trusting others. Then in comes this girl, clearly in trouble. Not asking a lot from you, but helping her find her stuff. She then grows on you, in a sense keeping your character sane throughout the madness of the wasteland. Not everyone can look at a ghoul and be like "I feel sorry for you". But she can.

Willow is a companion that I find started off something amazing in terms of character story telling. Your damaged, shes innocient. Ying and Yang.

Thats my take on her anyways.