Does anyone use automatic weapons?

infamousxiii

I noticed that automatic pipe rifles have vastly better recoil control compared to fast-firing a semi. The recoil was negligible by comparison, so dropping Raiders in 1 short burst was common even at 15-20 meters range.

I have badass enemy mods in so even Normal is deadly combat - one jerk with an automatic pipe pistol can crit your face off before you can fire twice on semi auto. So that little fact about auto recoil (which is in fact a big balance issue and should not be like it is) makes them a very attractive choice.

I did put a bullet-making mod in so i can address ammo issues, but using the auto pipe rifle sparingly, I've only had to make ammo once for it (50 rounds) so it's not like I'm slaving over the workbench trying to keep the thing fed :D I also have scarce loot mods going, so I pick up 3-4 rounds instead of whatever the normal is. So all in all, using an automatic pipe rifle at early levels was an excellent choice for me.

I have graduated to a laser rifle now, but only because I'm using the Lasers Have No Recoil mod for more immersion. So I can double/triple-tap the laser just as easily as using an automatic, and with about the same results. I am going to try out the automatic Institute weaps I got, as I have 1k of fusion cells and am just about to finish the perks to be able to craft them as ammo. So this will be fun :D