CPU temperature

grandpauj1

I just built a new computer and have read people saying stuff like "My FPS are... and CPU temp is ..... degrees, so I have been trying to figure out how to tell (while playing) how to do this. Got the FPS thing working, but can't find any way to show the CPU/MoBo temps. I tried to change the screen size to keep the tool bar on the bottom open, but if I change the aspect ratio things get all funky and pretty much the same with the resolution and either way I can't see the tool bar. Not even sure if I have to see it! If the CPU temp will pop up on the screen like the FPS do. I got the FPS working thru Steam/settings/in-game and putting the In-game drop down to upper left corner. I'm sure it's not that easy with the temp. but would like to get it going, more for curiosity than any thing else, It's running great. A lot of fluctuation in the FPS. Starts at like 30 booting the game, then get's as high as 60 and down to like mid 30's (kinda hard to watch it while going at it with a Draugr Deathlord) during play, not even sure if this is normal. First time I had a rig worth wanting to know what it is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

CPU-Z has data capture. You can start the program, allow it to gather the data in real-time, and play the game. You can then check the stored data in its directory after you're done playing to see what speed (frequency), temperature, processing cycle, etc. was for any particular time period.

Here's the link: http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/cpu-z.html

Thanks for the response, I clicked on the link and it took me to the page but keep getting "The signature of cpu-z_1.75-en.exe is corrupt or invalid"! After doing some more digging I read an article and they recommended a program called "Core Temp. I have a SSD for my OS drive and every thing loads super fast, But after installing that program it loaded everything ALOT slower, so I took it off and all seems good now.

Would love to see how hot it is running because was thinking about trying to over clock it and see how fast I can get it to run. Thanks again, will keep digging