Porting a Fallout 3 and/or NV Mod to 4?

BeefyKrunch

Title says it all. Is it possible to port a mod from F3/NV to F4 at this time? I read that F4 runs on the same, albeit modified, engine as F3/NV (or was it Skyrim? I forget). I've previously ported several mods from F3 to New Vegas with FNVEdit using a Tale of Two Wastelands guide. If anyone has experience with this, would it be possible to follow the same, or similar process? Note that this is just for personal use, no uploading.

The mod I want to port is a follower I created back in Fallout 3 that I revamped and ported over to NV. Ideally I would also like to have the same voice as well (the vanilla Raider voice from Fallout 3). My modding knowledge is... rudimentary at best but I can figure most things out in time. Sorry I sound like an idiot lol. Thanks in advance guys.

EDIT: hell, now that I think about it, I guess all I would really need is the face and maybe the voice, I could repurpose/recreate everything else around it if it comes to that. Is there a way to export an NPC's face data from NV to make it work with F4? I probably need to wait for the GECK too. Wow, I can't post very well this late at night it seems...

Edited by BeefyKrunch

It would have to be remade - certain file formats are different versions, and the game may handle things differently.

You'd also need permission from the mod's author to use their work, and you cannot upload the mod if you include any vanilla content from those previous games - copyright restrictions.

It was a follower I made 100% from scratch. I just wanted this for my own personal use as well, not to upload. I was pretty unclear in my post now that I think about it. Would it still be against copyright even if I legally own a copy of all the games involved? Thanks.

• 1 year later...

i honastly wouldent midnif anyone ported my mod to any other game but only set permissiosn so restictive becuase would prefer peaople to do it after it is finished. since its in pre alpha thugh you could test it since it would be a smaller mod.

Mr. NightmareRex, the subject of this thread is almost 2 years old and would probably be considered well and truly dead by now.

The Rabbit

• 2 weeks later...

i honastly wouldent midnif anyone ported my mod to any other game but only set permissiosn so restictive becuase would prefer peaople to do it after it is finished. since its in pre alpha thugh you could test it since it would be a smaller mod.

Mr. NightmareRex, the subject of this thread is almost 2 years old and would probably be considered well and truly dead by now.

The Rabbit

OH R.I.P diddent realize i was that poor lol. diddent realize/remember fallout 4 allready bee nout for 2+ years. nor didi see the date as it was from a duckduckgo search.