Unusually long load times addressed in Fallout 4 Beta Patch 1.3.47

SirSalami

In response to post #33538550. #33558795 is also a reply to the same post.

thefritobandito wrote: Extremely crash prone on an AMD system with latest drivers. two CTDs (AMD video panic both times) and one completely unrecoverable system lockup in <30mins. before installing this I was crashing once every 4-10hrs of gameplay.
GJohnny wrote: That sounds like an unstable OC or generally unstable system, not the game.

Make sure you install ENB. I was crashing from mods due to memory overload. ENB fixed it and it never crashes.

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #33538550. #33558795, #33573530 are all replies on the same post.

thefritobandito wrote: Extremely crash prone on an AMD system with latest drivers. two CTDs (AMD video panic both times) and one completely unrecoverable system lockup in <30mins. before installing this I was crashing once every 4-10hrs of gameplay.
GJohnny wrote: That sounds like an unstable OC or generally unstable system, not the game.
otakunate wrote: Make sure you install ENB. I was crashing from mods due to memory overload. ENB fixed it and it never crashes.

The latest AMD Crimson Drivers are unstable at best. I reverted to the last catalyst driver and haven't had any issues, the only Issue I have is the map hud still. (even though Crimson fixed that issue not worth the crashing and burning of my computer.)

In response to post #33570630.

dZastreux wrote:

This very annoying bug is still there ( not only "long loading times", for me, but "endless loading times" ! Unless it might unstuck after 5 minutes... Won't check. )

...In my case it happens only ( sometimes ) when trying to go into an interior worldspace from "outside" ( or the other way out ) :
Openeing the door will trigger an endless ( often blank : No model won't even show ) loading screen.

Forcing the game to close, restarting, and then opening the same door again will just work in approx. 20 sec.
It's not happening during laoding savegames or fast-travelling, only in opening doors from a worldspace to another.
( Which is, by the way, a real pain in this game, even when it works, as the gamedesign often forces you to travel back a lot between worldspaces and sometimes to meet people inside buildings you can just fastravel outside of : Twice loading time for free and, for me, a chance the last loading won't even work at all, which I'd be aware of once more than 1 minute would have been spent waiting for nothing !
How to use F5 in a game every minute... )

I'm using ENB .91 and Shadowboost to get less stuttering ( another joy of this Fallout 4 ), but I tried without that and encountered the same bugs.
I also have some texture replacement mods installed, but as it happens randomly and not typically in some places, this bug seems very game related.

I'd say it happen often after approximatively half an hour of gameplay ( meanwhile travelling doors will open correctly ).

Beta patch, yes, I know... Still : Same kind of loading bugs happen since the very beginning... Very ( very ) broken game.
I'm playing and modding Bethesda's game since more than ten years ( Morrowind )
I even became developper because of their games ! - and this one, even if rich of great contents and ideas, is the most buggy I've ever seen coming from them.
Perhaps even the most buggy from all games I've been played to be honnest.
I just can't understand how they managed to go bad so far with all the money and experience they have gathered all these years.
( Not saying this as mad because of this bug, but really because of the incredible amount of all other bugs and unpolished and unfinsihed and poorly or badly done features : This is the first time I ever wonder if I will bother make a mod for a game from Bethesda. Usually, I always do because I love their games. Perhaps this time I won't, even if Fallout 4 has more qualities than their previous games, it mainly also has many many more problems : Too much time wasted yet in just trying to play it to think about trying to mod it... )

I run Fallout 4 on a ACPI x64 system windoof 10

Nvidia GeForce GTX 660
on ATA runing my HDD with 2TB yes not a SSD a old simple HDD.
Suportet from a old i3 cpu runing with 3,07 GHZ his RAM is 12GB.

The only thing who let my Fallout 4 stutter or lag or delay my aktions on full details with the vivid landscape 2k mod is my logitech software. if i play fallout i turn it off and i can enjoy.

I dont know what you are all saying about "i have high end pc and im laggin i have crashs", it must be a fail in your clocking or management of your device.

On my pc are only few games instaled fallout 3-4 dota and a mmo.
Maybe your device space is to low. Or your SSD is going to die, cuz they are not made to install and deinstall many things.

Btw on my device fallout run well and the loading times are the same as befor, if i enter a dungeon i can cost me 1 min, fast traffel i think maybe 30-40seconds but i think this is okay for my old system. And im more as happy that they made fallout 4 so pc friendly o:

i like the beta patch o: after some troubles with mods it runs well.

In response to post #33545770. #33545865, #33564765, #33570280 are all replies on the same post.

hector530 wrote: you know what helps load times? SSDs i dont know how people can game without them anymore.
printerkop wrote: 3 minutes load time on SSD here, so no, SSD doesn't help a bit.
DarthCruciare wrote: I second this, was a HDD user for years. Got new comp with SSD and I get maximum, 20 second load time, average is about 10-15 seconds. I don't know how I managed without it in the past.
ff7legend wrote: All my Bethesda games are spread out across 2 SSDs & loading times are 15 secs or less in most cases with my extremely high-end desktop PC. I have plans to replace my 2 TB HDD with a 2 TB SSD late next month, which will set me back $700.00. Well worth the investment for the massive performance boost when gaming alone. SSDs are a MUST in this modern gaming PC age. Games are only going to get bigger/become more memory/resource-hungry in the future & SSDs will help lessen the time it takes for games to load. Even on console, SSDs are a near must-have. I have an SSD in my PS3 with plans to add one to my PS4 as well. HDDs will become obsolete as SSDs get cheaper in the very near future. Might as well invest in an SSD sooner rather than later.

ssd will win vs hdd if they fix the fast death time. they die to fast for the cost. a hhd runs vell after 10years in use a ssd dont will look like a ssd after 10years.

If anyone's still using that old method of mod overriding in Fallout4.ini (i.e. sResourceDataDirsFinal= \allthestuffthatgoeshere), delete those lines but leave sResourceDataDirsFinal= intact, then add bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

The old method of mod installation is known to cause very long loading times.

In response to post #33545770. #33545865, #33564765, #33570280, #33583990 are all replies on the same post.

hector530 wrote: you know what helps load times? SSDs i dont know how people can game without them anymore.
printerkop wrote: 3 minutes load time on SSD here, so no, SSD doesn't help a bit.
DarthCruciare wrote: I second this, was a HDD user for years. Got new comp with SSD and I get maximum, 20 second load time, average is about 10-15 seconds. I don't know how I managed without it in the past.
ff7legend wrote: All my Bethesda games are spread out across 2 SSDs & loading times are 15 secs or less in most cases with my extremely high-end desktop PC. I have plans to replace my 2 TB HDD with a 2 TB SSD late next month, which will set me back $700.00. Well worth the investment for the massive performance boost when gaming alone. SSDs are a MUST in this modern gaming PC age. Games are only going to get bigger/become more memory/resource-hungry in the future & SSDs will help lessen the time it takes for games to load. Even on console, SSDs are a near must-have. I have an SSD in my PS3 with plans to add one to my PS4 as well. HDDs will become obsolete as SSDs get cheaper in the very near future. Might as well invest in an SSD sooner rather than later.
Einster wrote: ssd will win vs hdd if they fix the fast death time. they die to fast for the cost. a hhd runs vell after 10years in use a ssd dont will look like a ssd after 10years.

Yeah SSDs are good for gaming but not so much for long term storage. ~10-15 year life expectancy, and less for higher capacity drives. Something to do with the transistors in larger drives requiring more precision in terms of voltage measurement and being unable to hold voltage over time causing more errors. Meanwhile a decent quality HDD can be expected to run for 50 years to even a century if not abused.

In response to post #33571090.

Mainframe wrote: blah... Am I the only person here whos tired of trying to that all elusive perfect modded game? I speak as a player/smalltime modder since Morrowind. I remember dumping money into a system for Oblivion..hearing oh get a ATI card & ur set. Blah blah blah. I've built system after system & I know it's my fault. I do. I just can't run these games @ default settings. Their ulgy..just plain darn ulgy. You have LOD popin (which drives me nuts!) and an assortment of nonsense that comes with this buggy engine. Build a game with a 32bit exe..why not? have some whacky built in memory limit that crashes your game..sure thing!

Bethesda I'm tired. So tired. I want to play your games. And yeah I know ok. I'm adding more stress on myself with the mods. I get it. I've tried to go clean. To stop abusing myself with these delicious little community induced acid trips. Oh lord have I. But I can't. I can't stop letting modders fix issues that you yourself have ever even commented on.

So yeah I deal with the slow texture loading in F04 with ini settings. And I deal with shadows that tank my GTX Titan (bought to run Skyrim @ max modded goodness..and couldn't due to that memory limit)..and Godrays..oh Godrays how you tank my system but how I want the eye candy....

Ok rant aside. please on the next game get a new freaking engine. STOP talking about the new engine your using when we all know it's the same pos when new paint!

Oh and load times are about the same here after the beta upgrade..thou I'm using a regular HDD

Man did I enjoyed reading ur Comment and do i agree with you, fine Sir. Keep on Struggeling. Even if it is not worth it, when u think about it in the End. (There is no End. Too - many - Moooods!)

I want to agree with Einster. I did a small test. I used the OV Genius Lite tech from MSI to overclock my System Automatically. The Result - Stuttering, teh Framrate dropped from 55 - 40 indoors to 20 but while it was going down the Game fully stopped for teh Fraction of a Second. Stutter appeared. Running on an AMD FX 6300 with overclocked to 4,1 GHz stable at 65 degrees (Sycthe katana 4 Cooler) 8 GB of DDR 3 with 667 mhz clock or something like this I ain´t no Pro :D I run on an older 1 TG HDD with a shitty MSI Mainboard, but with a pretty decent running Asus R9 270X 2 GB, DCII Top, a fairly good Graphics Card. So thats my Thought - since Einster said taht bad clocking CAn be a Culprit, and i previously did such Test wich turned out to harden his evidence what does a Man with Knowledge says to that? Is it possible taht a lot of People have just horrible clocking Profiles with 'Awww yeah 100000 GHz per Core mmmh, sho goo' but in reality their Clock make steh Whole system go garbage? I don´t know much about it, but apparently it looks like it.