Photo

Anyone know what this means for NExus Mod Manager?

nexus mod manager mods fallout 4 skyrim witcher 3 pc pc gaming

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

ncallstar88

ncallstar88

Stranger

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

im getting a message when i open NMM says 'plugins.txt' is read only, so it cant be managed by nexus mod manager.  would i like to make it not read only..what does this exactly mean? that my txt files wont load onto fallout 4?  if so how do i fix this message from appearing and what do I click?  thank you

Journeyman

• Account closed
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Hey, its simply that NMM needs to be able to read the 'plugins.txt' & be able to change it..

So, you need to select yes and check the box provided 'to not show again' kinda thing (ithink its an option). Then it won't pop up again, unless you re-install NMM.

If you don't click yes, NMM won't be able to do its 'thing' - inject files correctly into game [ mod ]

jakendrick3

jakendrick3

Journeyman

• Premium Member
  • 36 posts

I don't use NMM, so I don't really know where the file is, but the manager will probably display a path somewhere. Once you find the file, right click it and press properties, and then at the bottom of that window will be two check boxes, "Hidden", and "Read-Only". Make sure both are empty, and you should be good!

DuskDweller

DuskDweller

Resident poster

• Premium Member
  • 3,091 posts

This should have been removed from F4, but it seems something went wrong, anyway:

For Fallout 4: check the "don't ask me again" box and then click NO.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: nexus mod manager, mods, fallout 4, skyrim, witcher 3, pc, pc gaming

Page loaded in: 1.071 seconds