[Request] Japanese Audio

TaylosMoonblade

Hello there.

I do have access to the japanese voice files due to i have dark arisen on my ps3, and i have managed to unpack the voice files for both ps3 (japanese) and the pc version.

But the problem is on the pc, the files which is 3 of them containing numbered voice files from 0000 to 9999 and overall it's about 40 000 files.

The same for the ps3 version in japanese but the problem is the ps3 version have folders with .bin files which contains files from 000 to 117 or/and more and are split up way more into like 40+ files.

So simply renaming them won't work, so someone needs to listen to all of them and then switch them out 1 by 1 from english to japanese or if someone have figured out if it's a specific order to the ps3 files where to start.

That's how far i've gotten up-to-date so if someone smarter can manage to find a specific order to where to start switching files i will be able to do this over a night or two hopefully but for now im standing still scratching my head

because im not what everything they say in japanese means in english.

Okay so a friend of mine called Fraggoso found a tool to unpack and repack the files needed, and we tried replacing the PC english files with a few from the japanese ps3 version and then repacked it.

The result was the following.....

It works !!!!

So now we just need to listen through all ~40 000 files from the ps3 english files so we know the actual file number, note that down because the japanese files are of the same name with same sentence but in japanese and then simply rename and replace the pc files and then repack it again.

The downside is that it's a real mess and will take a huge amount of time.

That's the update i have for now.

I am linking this steam thread as im writing there more frequently. https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/8/451850849193460620/#p2

But im pasting the post i did last for everyone here who might not have steam or for some reason don't go there. Enjoy the tiny bit of good news.

Quote: Originally posted by Davoodinator:
is there some correlation between the files? I can write a script to do all the renaming
ME: Sadly no, one example is pwn.pck has 26 000+ files in it named File0000.ogg up to that number 26 500 something which is all the pawn speech files compiled into one single file call pwn.pck.
On playstation 3 on the other hand it's divided into different folder, so instead of a file there are folders, inside the folder pwn there is a folder called f0 and f1 and also m0 and m1 and in these files there are more folders called Wave and the folders specific names are random like the first one called wave09 then wave10 and then a big jump to wave26 and all folders contain 2 .bin files which is the english and japanese voice files compiled to bin instead of pck like on the pc.
And inside the bin files are the actual sounds files File000 up to 117 or/and more in some of these files.
So they changed the whole structure probably because the licensing issue so it wouldn't be too easy to crack it open to just take the ps3 files and have the japanese dub.
And i also noticed something as a sidenote, the berserker armor and corresponding weapons for Guts and Griffith, almost all files from the ps3 version are the exact same with the exact .arc format as the pc version BUT there is a big difference in the filesize, the pc files are bigger.
I did try to just add the ps3 files and overwrite with no success, but adding the missing files did work, and the game worked normally, so they probablt deleted some strings in some file(s) to remove the armor sets and weapons.
And i will look more into this at a later time after the japanese sound files hopefully gets done.
So if anyone who reads this want to take a look at this i did a small list on the files i've found so far that's missing on the PC version so you know where to start.
Just add me on steam, and when i accept start by typing it's about the berserk armor set so i know what it's about since i get friend requests all the time by different stuff like this but in other games aswell as pc support.
Edit: And it's over 40 000 sound files me and Fraggoso need to go through which will take lots and lots of time until we can decipher which files are which, and we will do that from the ps3 version, unpack the english files there and compare to the PC so we know what the english ps3 files are corresponding to the PC for example maybe File040 is the same as the PC File0000 and ps3 file File117 is File0030 on the pc and so on.
That way we will know the japanese files aswell since it's the same order for both english and japanese files as far as we know for now.
So any help doing this will be much appreciated.

Have a nice evening everyone and i hope this is a little bit of good news to some of you.
Edited by lillmuppen

I am linking this steam thread as im writing there more frequently. https://steamcommunity.com/app/367500/discussions/8/451850849193460620/#p2

But im pasting the post i did last for everyone here who might not have steam or for some reason don't go there. Enjoy the tiny bit of good news.

Quote: Originally posted by Davoodinator:
is there some correlation between the files? I can write a script to do all the renaming
ME: Sadly no, one example is pwn.pck has 26 000+ files in it named File0000.ogg up to that number 26 500 something which is all the pawn speech files compiled into one single file call pwn.pck.
On playstation 3 on the other hand it's divided into different folder, so instead of a file there are folders, inside the folder pwn there is a folder called f0 and f1 and also m0 and m1 and in these files there are more folders called Wave and the folders specific names are random like the first one called wave09 then wave10 and then a big jump to wave26 and all folders contain 2 .bin files which is the english and japanese voice files compiled to bin instead of pck like on the pc.
And inside the bin files are the actual sounds files File000 up to 117 or/and more in some of these files.
So they changed the whole structure probably because the licensing issue so it wouldn't be too easy to crack it open to just take the ps3 files and have the japanese dub.
And i also noticed something as a sidenote, the berserker armor and corresponding weapons for Guts and Griffith, almost all files from the ps3 version are the exact same with the exact .arc format as the pc version BUT there is a big difference in the filesize, the pc files are bigger.
I did try to just add the ps3 files and overwrite with no success, but adding the missing files did work, and the game worked normally, so they probablt deleted some strings in some file(s) to remove the armor sets and weapons.
And i will look more into this at a later time after the japanese sound files hopefully gets done.
So if anyone who reads this want to take a look at this i did a small list on the files i've found so far that's missing on the PC version so you know where to start.
Just add me on steam, and when i accept start by typing it's about the berserk armor set so i know what it's about since i get friend requests all the time by different stuff like this but in other games aswell as pc support.
Edit: And it's over 40 000 sound files me and Fraggoso need to go through which will take lots and lots of time until we can decipher which files are which, and we will do that from the ps3 version, unpack the english files there and compare to the PC so we know what the english ps3 files are corresponding to the PC for example maybe File040 is the same as the PC File0000 and ps3 file File117 is File0030 on the pc and so on.
That way we will know the japanese files aswell since it's the same order for both english and japanese files as far as we know for now.
So any help doing this will be much appreciated.

Have a nice evening everyone and i hope this is a little bit of good news to some of you.

please check your pm

lillmuppen/CrazyLamer, i hope you and Fraggoso continue to keep up a good work. Since you are going to undub only three pck files in nativepc\rom\sound folder, i've sent to you (in pm here on nexus) already working japanese audio of cutscenes made for pc version. The ones that go to nativepc\sound\stream\event_vo_se. And simple instruction on how to apply them.

I'l wait for you to complete your work and add that stuff together with your work. So we will have not only cutscenes, but also dialogues and all quest talks.

Since capcom didn't wanted to give us official japanese dub, that's all we can do. Although i prefer english dub myself.

As of today we are now about 80% finished with the japanese voices.

Base, Quest and Pawn npc's are now almost done, the issue we have is the pawns at the beginning tutorial when you go through the dungeon as the random arisen where you can't hear any of the pawns voices and we have no idea what's causing that issue as of right now.

Normal pawns fully working, but you can't hear those voices when you create your pawn as of yet atleast which im working on right now to find the correct files on the side of everything else.

I am also trying to find a program to extract configs, scripts from main game files to study the missing armors/weapons if it's possible to get back into the game aswell as going through other codings that might be of use.

So yeah, so far it's been going pretty smooth with some minor hickups and we hope we are able to solve the tutorial pawns issues but we are not 100% sure what's causing it and if it's possible to get fixed atleast until we find a program to open up the rest of the pck and arc files.

the programs we're using right now simply just finds the voice files and unpacks them, basically.

We haven't started on the enemies since there are so few actually saying something except for goblins and bandits, but i will try to find those aswell.

That's it for now, and thanks again for those pm's, they were of great help.

//CrazyLamer

Edited by lillmuppen

Agh, damn. I wish I was proficient enough in Japanese to help you. /cry

That would be nice :) but we managed with a script to make a folder structure that matches with the pc version, thanks anyway :)