Skyrim Character Overhaul mod. [Realism/new races]

AerynRavanna

*UPDATE*

Ok so it looks almost everything I want to do is possible.
This Mod will be called "Races of Nirn"
the more help i get the less bugs there will be and the faster i can get it done.
I really need some experienced CK users who have messed with playable custom races before.

Check the last post on this thread for recent work.
Found out some new things

#-------------------------------------------------------

Ive been working on something for a while, and only just showing it outside my little group now.

Realistic Character overhaul.

Its something I still need help with. I understand morph targets, I can create everything needed, the models, the textures, the morph objs, but its the 2nd half that vexes me.
The tri file conversion, and the CK work, I simply dont have time for, and if i'm honest, the brain power.
I currently have 1 person trying to help, but if I can get this done faster, all the better.
Fallout 4 didnt have very nice characters despite the tech advance, so lets give skyrim a massive overhaul in believable realistic characters.*
In the future I can create similar models for fallout 4, at least that has nicer specular.

Ive sorted the beard/brow/eye effects using polygroups and edit UV from zbrush.
Hairstyles will be remade or at least re positioned.

[edit: cant control the attachment placement so heres just a mash of info]

Races replaced by overhauler. (M+F) altmer, dunmer, bosmer, Orsimer, Imperial, Nord, Breton. (akaviri Men?)
EXPANDED Races (M+F): Falmer, Dwemer. Redguard [Crowns, Forebears], TangMo?
Children: Human/Dunmer.
[beast races not currently being attempted]

All eye colours, hair types, brows, masks, to be replaced/enhanced, then additionals added for new models/personal characters.

Done so far:

Main head mesh, facial animation tests, UVS final, shaders,
Head race WIPS, 12 eye colours, 3 beards, 1 hair cap.

Heres the important part.

I NEED HELP.
At least 1 tech savvy modder who can convert objs from max/blender into tri files, and the required ck edits.
CUrrently only wanting the test of the model of head. Larger polycounts for morphs may result in an issue with memory.

If I had another competent character artist it would also help, that would help khajitti and argonian.
Even better if you're both art and tech savvy, I can help you in character art and texture methods as we go along.

Edited by AerynRavanna

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm just a mod user, so I don't know how I can help beyond using the beta releases and reporting back about any bugs/errors found, but this looks wonderful! I like how, rather than going for the humanizing of the Mer races, you took them a little further into the alien. I hope you get the assistance you need to make this come to fruition and that you and whoever helps, gets the recognition they'd fully deserve for bringing Skyrim a little closer to the modern era.

Also, there's a thread going on reddit letting folks know about the help you're after. I didn't make it, but I followed the link to here to wish you the best of luck!

Well… This looks thoroughly amazing. Great muscle work.

The Altmer looks scarily gaunt, like concentration camp corpse gaunt. It might feel better to switch Altmer and Dremora.

Some of the musculature is probably exaggerated.

Saw a thread on Reddit about this. I don't have any major experience working with Skyrim, but I've been looking over the documentation I can find on how Skyrim handles morphs and tri files, looking at various existing custom races, and I'd like to help if possible.

I'm also a chatacter artist with Zbrush experience, and would be interested in helping with beast races if time permits.

Thanks for the encouragement people, I'm keeping this on the backburner until theres a solid pipeline working and tested in game.
Walldough/others, my skype name is aeryn.davies, you want to talk about working together.

Thanks akir I will give him a shout too.

Once pipeline is sorted and we're ready to roll with final models/textures/morphs/hair, I may try taking a poll of what art style the majority prefer.
I prefer a realistic, sometimes ugly, rougher, style of human, and more alien Mer.
But some people prefer younger and beautiful. The overlays are crap for making "aged look"

Obviously the ultimate would to be to have children, young, middle age and old for each race. Well at least for human and elves. A person would need to make each a new custom race, then make sure that all the actors are assigned to each one appropriately. Same with body types, have children, adult and old (probably excessive having middle aged as well).

Edited by snapmoderator

The ultimate would be to have a script/skeleton/tri modifier that changes the actor based on an age modifier. That way you could literally age a character from child to adult to old age. But that would be neigh on impossible and take twenty years to make. Anyway, these look amazing. The question is, how will they look when rendered in the Skyrim engine?

http://forums.nexusmods.com/uploads//monthly_01_2016/post-4216862-0-35391800-1453328529_thumb.jpg

Is all rendered in nifskope, and the eyes were tested ingame and came out just as good as in nifskope, so Im not anticipating much problem, other than skyrims VERY flat ambient lighting, which is why I baked effects into the diffuse.