Ok so how to i add gun models?

haytur

So I have been a active skyrim modder and I saw they added a Kerrigan ghost outfit from SC2, now I seriously doubt anyone has any intentions on making the c-20a Rifle to go along with this. I have never 3d modeled but since the creation kit isnt out I figured Perhaps I would give it a go...

What model format does it need to be in and anything special with it? Will I need to wait until the creation kit is released to add it in? Any tips would be appreciated. Oh also there a way to make custom scopes?

People thing you need the CK for a lot of things but in my experience unless you adding scripts and need to compile then you dont need the CK for anything.

All game models are in Nif form weather bodies, creatures, weapons or armors

To add a new weapon or armor all you need is FO4Edit find a similar existing record and Copy into a new file, this will get you basi things like sounds, animations, mods, etc then you just need to change the Armature to point to your new niff, Armors have a added complexity of liinking to a AA file which has multiple armatures but it the same process just more niff files you have to link to

Fallout 4 How To Make Standalone Mods Step by Step Tutorial

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6m1FAxWkj85pQBs5FNvGAA/videos

My only problem is how to get my model either to inherit the bones of a donor model like a baton or something in 3ds max to export as a nif and then nifskopie it up enough to be useable in game.

I made a throwing Frencesca Axe for someone and maybe they can get it to work, and if so, I'll see how and duplicate it.

Theoretically, anything can be duplicated and done with this guy's method.

Edited by jeffglobal