Photo

[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

mator smash conflict resolution patch automatic patcher wrye bash bashed patch program

• Please log in to reply
196 replies to this topic

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts

kWdBG.jpg

Mator Smash

VIDEO TUTORIAL - For v0.0.7

GamerPoets Video - For v0.4.1

Mator Smash is now available on Nexus Mods. 

Please use the Nexus Mods Mod page for all future discussion.

Nexus Mods Mod Page

Spoiler

Edited by matortheeternal, 01 May 2018 - 09:34 PM.

matter2003

matter2003

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

Watched the tutorial and did an automatic patch but changed the COBJ options to be in line with what you recommended in the COBJ section(chained the 2 records together), and got this in TESVEdit when I opened it...curious as to what I might have done wrong or what I would need to change in the settings to resolve this:

[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of WinterholdKorirshouse "Kraldar's House" [CELL:00013812] is missing an overriden record for WinterholdKorirshouse "Kraldar's House" [CELL:00013812]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of WhiterunBanneredMare "The Bannered Mare" [CELL:0001605E] is missing an overriden record for WhiterunBanneredMare "The Bannered Mare" [CELL:0001605E]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of SolitudeJail01 "Castle Dour Dungeon" [CELL:00056E88] is missing an overriden record for SolitudeJail01 "Castle Dour Dungeon" [CELL:00056E88]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of ThalmorEmbassy01 "Thalmor Embassy" [CELL:0007C98B] is missing an overriden record for ThalmorEmbassy01 "Thalmor Embassy" [CELL:0007C98B]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of NightgateInn "Nightgate Inn" [CELL:00013A5D] is missing an overriden record for NightgateInn "Nightgate Inn" [CELL:00013A5D]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of DLC2SkaalVillage01 [CELL:0400EDA3] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 17,17) is missing an overriden record for DLC2SkaalVillage01 [CELL:0400EDA3] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 17,17

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts

Watched the tutorial and did an automatic patch but changed the COBJ options to be in line with what you recommended in the COBJ section(chained the 2 records together), and got this in TESVEdit when I opened it...curious as to what I might have done wrong or what I would need to change in the settings to resolve this:

[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of WinterholdKorirshouse "Kraldar's House" [CELL:00013812] is missing an overriden record for WinterholdKorirshouse "Kraldar's House" [CELL:00013812]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of WhiterunBanneredMare "The Bannered Mare" [CELL:0001605E] is missing an overriden record for WhiterunBanneredMare "The Bannered Mare" [CELL:0001605E]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of SolitudeJail01 "Castle Dour Dungeon" [CELL:00056E88] is missing an overriden record for SolitudeJail01 "Castle Dour Dungeon" [CELL:00056E88]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of ThalmorEmbassy01 "Thalmor Embassy" [CELL:0007C98B] is missing an overriden record for ThalmorEmbassy01 "Thalmor Embassy" [CELL:0007C98B]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of NightgateInn "Nightgate Inn" [CELL:00013A5D] is missing an overriden record for NightgateInn "Nightgate Inn" [CELL:00013A5D]
[01:34] Background Loader: <Warning: File [65] AutomaticTutorial.esp with Group GRUP Cell Children of DLC2SkaalVillage01 [CELL:0400EDA3] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 17,17) is missing an overriden record for DLC2SkaalVillage01 [CELL:0400EDA3] (in DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800] at 17,17

It looks unrelated to COBJ records.  It appears to be due to processing REFR records but not CELLs, possibly.

You should use bash tags in the latest version.

matter2003

matter2003

Journeyman

• Members
  • Pip
  • 45 posts

It looks unrelated to COBJ records.  It appears to be due to processing REFR records but not CELLs, possibly.

You should use bash tags in the latest version.

So in the latest version I don't need to set up anything?  I know the tutorial video was set up using version 0.07, so I am sure a lot of things probably changed, is there a newer tutorial or a place where I can read about what I should be doing or at least a general guideline?

I'm not very well versed at how all of this works...I have a basic understanding of it but I don't understand what needs to go together, what needs to be excluded, what needs to be linked, etc...for instance, my modlist only shows 18 things with Bash patches in it and the rest are all tagged as skip out of about 230 mods.  Loaded the patch in TESVEdit and got no errors on a chcek for error..patch changed about 4400 records or so...although I did get 4 "ITM" errors:

Removing: DLC2SolstheimWorld "Solstheim" [WRLD:04000800]
Removing: DLC01SoulCairn "Soul Cairn" [WRLD:02001408]
Removing: SouthfringeWorld "Southfringe Sanctum" [WRLD:00020BFE]
Removing: RiftenWorld "Riften" [WRLD:00016BB4]

Would those be intentional edits that I should leave in there or would they be safe to remove, or would it be impossible to tell without looking at what they were first?

As an aside, Once I do this patch, the bashed and merged patches I created should be scrapped, correct? Also, I wouldn't want to actually have the bashed and/or merged patch included in the list of files it goes through, right?

Edited by matter2003, 22 January 2016 - 12:09 AM.

distortedrealms

distortedrealms

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

The program just does not want to open for me, in MO or by itself, it just goes into an endless loading cycle with a tiny dark box that becomes nothing. Any ideas? I really need to try this amazing thing out.

EDIT: Ok, I moved the root folder to a different directory and the program works. I had it in the same directory where my TES5Edit folder was so no idea why it was not opening but it is now so problem solved.

Cheers

Edited by distortedrealms, 22 January 2016 - 03:37 AM.

distortedrealms

distortedrealms

Old hand

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 526 posts

Okay, after watching your tutorial and reading all I could about this program I gave it a go. In MO I chose an older profile that was prone to instability (Game randomly ctd when entering doors, freezing, odd glitches, etc) even with enboost configured correctly, and so too the SKSE memory patch with memory block logs showing the green light. So I deleted the Bashed patch I had for that play through and loaded up the 150 or so mods into the smash program, and just for the hell of it I did an automatic patch to see if it were that simple. Load up a new game within that profile and guess what, I just played for hours with no problems, almost all issues seem resolved, and the leveled lists are doing great as a bashed patch would, no juggernauts one shotting me at lvl 11, just a stable, balanced game so far.

I love that you made this program! Seriously, I bow to you sir.

Cheers

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts

Updated to v0.2.2.  Mator Smash now allows you to modify tags on plugins from within the program.  See the full changelog in the OP!

Katy420

Katy420

Fan

• Supporter
  • PipPipPip
  • 480 posts

I was never able to get 0.1 to work for me, I know you said there was nothing wrong with it but something about how I was using it or what I was using it with or SOMETHING wasn't right, it was always failing to build with different errors no matter what I tried, where I installed it, what I had loaded, nothing-- so I just played around with 0.07, which is fine after you learn to play with the settings, I wouldn't trust autoset attributes blindly just yet. But I actually managed to make a couple decent patches I can ACTUALLY trust to use in my game with it. Eventually. Just didn't save a ton of work over doing it manually because of the learning curve and all the editing it took.

0.2 works great all on its own :smile: Totally excited about it being able to use the tags system that was made for WB and change stuff right there, it'll be great to see that stuff be relevant again and save a lot of time editing settings. And hasn't frozen yet (bonus). I'm not sure if you've changed anything about the autoset attributes function (doesn't say anything in the changelog?), but I seem to not have to play with it to get it right nearly as much after autoset this time. Might be a placebo effect from being excited about the update but it seems much easier. Maybe has to do with tags? The simple tests I completely failed to make work in 0.1 were like, NOTHING for 0.2. So, just for the hell of it I smashed my whole retardedly huge and merged load order with an automatic setting which I KNOW is a bad idea and the number of records makes it silly to go through manually like I did before, but nothing seems to be glaringly out of place and it didn't fail to build or freeze. TLDR seems to be more stable, reliable, automatic, etc. in general than previous builds. Moving right along! Even though it's still an alpha build I don't think I need Wrye Bash anymore, which is huge, with your THIRD alpha release EVER of this thing you've made WRYE BASH obsolete for Skyrim o.o

I think by the time this is a full release it'll be more than WB ever was o.o Hell it already is. I can't believe the difference between 0.07, 0.1 and 0.2, so 1.0 might make my head explode.

DemongelRex

DemongelRex

The Tester

• Premium Member
  • 1,144 posts

Hey, so continuing from what I was saying before,  it seems that though the Cell record is the subrecord of worldspace that I am looking for, it doesn't seem to smash multiple of the same type. 

For example, typically there are 5 or 6 region data that are in Cell records like solitudeexterior01, but Smash doesn't carry over any, despite me carefully checking to make sure that the proper setting was applied.

To show the comparison, the Unique Region Names Legendary mod is about 3,458kb, with the only two parent records in the plugin being Region and Worldspace.  After applying the setting (using the Cell record since the Region entry does not exist in Worldspace) and smashing my patch, my smash patch is only sitting at 1,266kb, and while it patched everything else, it essentially ignored changes from the Unique Region Names mod.  This same phenomenon occurs with Realistic Water 2.

matortheeternal

matortheeternal

autoMator

• Premium Member
  • 4,262 posts

Hey, so continuing from what I was saying before,  it seems that though the Cell record is the subrecord of worldspace that I am looking for, it doesn't seem to smash multiple of the same type. 

For example, typically there are 5 or 6 region data that are in Cell records like solitudeexterior01, but Smash doesn't carry over any, despite me carefully checking to make sure that the proper setting was applied.

To show the comparison, the Unique Region Names Legendary mod is about 3,458kb, with the only two parent records in the plugin being Region and Worldspace.  After applying the setting (using the Cell record since the Region entry does not exist in Worldspace) and smashing my patch, my smash patch is only sitting at 1,266kb, and while it patched everything else, it essentially ignored changes from the Unique Region Names mod.  This same phenomenon occurs with Realistic Water 2.

I'm going to need a bit more information.

Specifically: Logs (with some debug options on, if possible), and Smash Settings used.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: mator, smash, conflict resolution, patch, automatic, patcher, wrye bash, bashed patch, program

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.002 seconds