[WIP] Mator Smash - The Conflict Resolution Revolution

matortheeternal

Hey, so continuing from what I was saying before, it seems that though the Cell record is the subrecord of worldspace that I am looking for, it doesn't seem to smash multiple of the same type.

For example, typically there are 5 or 6 region data that are in Cell records like solitudeexterior01, but Smash doesn't carry over any, despite me carefully checking to make sure that the proper setting was applied.

To show the comparison, the Unique Region Names Legendary mod is about 3,458kb, with the only two parent records in the plugin being Region and Worldspace. After applying the setting (using the Cell record since the Region entry does not exist in Worldspace) and smashing my patch, my smash patch is only sitting at 1,266kb, and while it patched everything else, it essentially ignored changes from the Unique Region Names mod. This same phenomenon occurs with Realistic Water 2.

I'm going to need a bit more information.

Specifically: Logs (with some debug options on, if possible), and Smash Settings used.

Here you are:

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/2lvc9bjb92ateb0/AAB1_ySzyatPCc9oiZ_yCCyga?dl=0

There are four files in there: 2 of my settings json and two of my logs, one for main and the other for the smash.

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hi Mator,

Having heard so many good things about Mator Smash and conflict resolution, I've been looking through my load order in TES5Edit and making settings for various mods.

Currently I've been looking at resolving conflicts with Radiant and Unique Potions, which changes the models for potions. From what I understand of MatorSmash, I should be able to carry over just that record change, and merge it with changes from other plugins. However, these records show up as "Ingestible" in TES5Edit (no 4 letter code) and there isn't any such listing in the Records>Build>Add menu.

So I suppose my question is - are there records that can't be conflict resolved yet with Mator Smash, or am I just looking in the wrong place/at the wrong thing when I'm trying to make the setting?

Thanks so much.

Hi Mator,

Having heard so many good things about Mator Smash and conflict resolution, I've been looking through my load order in TES5Edit and making settings for various mods.

Currently I've been looking at resolving conflicts with Radiant and Unique Potions, which changes the models for potions. From what I understand of MatorSmash, I should be able to carry over just that record change, and merge it with changes from other plugins. However, these records show up as "Ingestible" in TES5Edit (no 4 letter code) and there isn't any such listing in the Records>Build>Add menu.

So I suppose my question is - are there records that can't be conflict resolved yet with Mator Smash, or am I just looking in the wrong place/at the wrong thing when I'm trying to make the setting?

Thanks so much.

The 4-letter code for Ingestible records is ALCH.

• 3 months later...

This is still kind of way over my head. I know how to make TESMerged patch and Bashed patch because they're pretty simple to do (bashed patch is automated with the tags predefined), and merged patch is just a couple clicks and removing the leveled lists so Bashed can handle them. I watched the tutorial and am still confused. Smash at this state has the same functionality as a bashed patch you said, but it's much more complicated to do, right?

EDIT: I've been using your Merge Plugins by the way and it is amazing. That's also a tool that I managed to pick up and use pretty easily.

Edited by Higgenboober

When i try to start mator smash through mod organizer i get this error: http://puu.sh/pDZmU/0e2edff55e.png using for fallout 3

i did the profile thing exactly as u said in the video and thats what it comes back with. If i take away the profile argument then it loads in my mod list but it doesnt give me any smash settings. Is that because there are simply no settings that need to be smashed?

• 1 month later...

thank you for this wonderful tool! God bless you for sharing your hard work with us so charitably!

I want to report a bug. I am inclined to merge plugins from time to time, and to move those plugins that I have merged to another directory. If you create a smashed patch with a plugin(s) and then remove those plugins from the skyrim data directory Mator Smash freaks out and freezes when you open the smashed patch tab, or try to delete the old smashed patch. Specifically the program freezes when you click on a patch whose plugins are no longer in the data directory.

I humbly request the ability to be able to be able to at least delete patches whose plugin dependencies no longer exist without freezing.

Edited by irswat

Hello,

I'm slightly confused by the add tags vs. smash settings context menu options. It looks like a duplicate system. Is it basically that adding bash tags will also work with wrye bash, but the smash settings only affect smash?

In Mator Smash, Bash Tags such as {{Bash:Delev}} are interpretted by the program to mean to use a certain setting when smashing that plugin for a patch. The tag itself does not do anything, it just tells the program to use a particular setting if present. Smash settings are a level of customizability that did not exist with Bash, they allow you to create/modify the logic used by the program to resolve conflicts between records.

In Mator Smash, Bash Tags such as {{Bash:Delev}} are interpretted by the program to mean to use a certain setting when smashing that plugin for a patch. The tag itself does not do anything, it just tells the program to use a particular setting if present. Smash settings are a level of customizability that did not exist with Bash, they allow you to create/modify the logic used by the program to resolve conflicts between records.

Ok, Thank you.

I'm trying to get WAFR keywords to smash, but couldn't find a keyword bash tag.

I tried loading up smash settings and see a place to add KEYM-key/KWDA-Keyword but I don't want to carry every mods keywords, just WAFR.

In full screen mode the tooltip for the + and the hammer are clipped by the left part of the screen.

One thing that always seems to require a compatibility patch is FORMID list/Headpartsallracesbeast and FORMID list/haircolorlist

trying to make something work now.

edit - tried a smash all and of course that merged a lot of things that shouldn't be merged, but I was trying for a proof of concept to see if the things I wanted to merge would, and they did. So now to go through and edit out the parts smash of 4 diferent npc mods that edited the same character, and smashed all the head parts together...