I recently installed the mod "NMC Textures" for Fallout 3, when I install it and open up the game it looks exactly the same as the vanilla one, as if the NMC Textures mod isn't installed. I even checked the textures folder in the Fallout Data Directory and all the files for NMC are there. Why aren't these textures working? What have I done wrong? Please help me as soon as possible

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I recently installed the mod "NMC Textures" for Fallout 3, when I install it and open up the game it looks exactly the same as the vanilla one, as if the NMC Textures mod isn't installed. I even checked the textures folder in the Fallout Data Directory and all the files for NMC are there. Why aren't these textures working? What have I done wrong? Please help me as soon as possible

Archive Invalidate the game.

In NMM, "Archive Invalidate" has already been selected.

the download archive, move it to the desktop and extract it, take a screen shot of the results and post that please.

I have an idea maybe the data is packed in such a way ,the new Nmm can't use it.

OR the package is Invalidated BY Nmm so it won't place the needed data into the game due to the packaging. something about the scripting...?

In NMM, "Archive Invalidate" has already been selected.

Open NMM, open "Tools", uncheck "Archive Invalidation". Close NMM. Open NMM, open "Tools", check "Archive Invalidation". Check in the game.

Did you also make the fallout3.exe large address aware?

I did. I even did it again after I read that response. Still nothing.

Let's start over.

1. Post PC specs please.
  2. Post OS version and bit type.
  3. Post where the game is installed @ " retail or steam"..?
  4. If at all possible, Post the users/user name/apps/fallout3/Plugin.txt...files contents here.......in a spoiler tag "please".

the only other thing that might prevent the software to render is the system permission attributes....is the PC shared?

1: CPU: Intel Core i5-3350P @ 3.10 GHz

GPU: Zotac GTX 970 4GB

RAM: 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 2400MHz

Power Supply: 650W

2: Windows 10, 64 bit.

3: Steam. The location is D:/Steam Library/steamapps/common/Fallout 3 goty

4: I'm completely unfamiliar with that path. Nor do I know where the Plugin.txt is.

No my PC is not shared, also on a side note, how do you do spoiler tags? Is it just [ spoiler ] ?