Drakous79

Well we do have an artist that is pretty excited about what you've done here so after I work out UI/Flash changes then maybe I'll get some time for that. Currently though my time is very limited so the progress I make is rather slow, nothing like this huge breakthrough you've made. Would be nice to see some new armors and even MEC suit designs come out of this, we've already worked out a way to get beyond the 255 limit on items it's just a matter of applying when we get to that point.

Definitely exciting stuff to me!

I am excited too, but the progress is slow.

Instead of coding the tool to rebuild *.tfc files and produce mod file for PatcherGUI, I spent some time with UDK and managed to produce zero size *.tfc files with "Clean and Full Recook" option in Unreal Frontend. It is much better solution, because:

• No bloat.
  • Can produce *.tfc files for single or multiple packages.
  • What package will be cooked is directed in DefaultEngine.ini under
    [Engine.PackagesToAlwaysCook]
    +SeekFreePackage=PackageName
    or in Unreal Frontend in case of maps.

Also I tried to update Material.uc in order to have XCOM specific checkboxes in UDK's material editor, but failed. Either the class didn't compile without explanation, or in case of partial success, there were problems. UDK recompiled shaders for EngineMaterials package, asked me to save it, but next run it crashed because of missing default decal material. I double checked the material is in the package.

Would be good to have those checkboxes, before we begin to produce more materials.

• 1 year later...
  • 4 months later...

Todavía estoy ocupado.
Cualquiera puede continuar si está interesado.

Means I am still busy with real life. Anybody can continue :)