Sleeping+Timescale set to 0 = Pitch Black. Help Please.

chaosngelx

Needless to say, I was an idiot and forgot that I had my Timescale set to 0 and went to sleep on a bed. Next thing I know, everything is pitch black, like nada, nothing there. I can still see my compass and still open up the menu, but everything else is black. There's no HUD, no pip-boy menu, etc. I'm still in the game, still able to move around and shoot stuff, open my menu and save or load games, but everything is pitch black.

I've tried to set my timescale back to 20, but it's still pitch black. It has also affected all my other saves T_T

Edited by chaosngelx

Never quite had a timescale issue like this. Did have some sort of timescale issue that would mess the time of day up in 3/New Vegas. It caused the Pip-Boy to display a random series of numbers and time would stop passing.

In the console, enter:

set timescale to 20

set gamehour to 12

enableplayercontrols

and see if that corrects the time of day.

Edited by ma1025

I recreated this problem on one of my old saves and I might have a solution for you.

I set my timescale to 0 and slept in my house in Diamond City and when I went outside it was black like how you described.

Do:

set timescale to X (your choice)

set gamehour to X (between 1 and 23)

this made it so I was able to see my Pip-Boy when I brought it up, but everything was still black.

After this, use:

player.moveto NPC ref ID (your choice)

and this will teleport your character using a load screen. Use a NPC that is inside a confined building (I used Elder Maxson). You'll be able to see again.

Exit the building and you'll notice that everything is fine except now the sky is glitching out with some weird overblown white dragging effect.

Save your game in a new slot, then exit the game entirely.

Relaunch the game and load an old save before you had the black screen problem. Make sure you're outside. The sky should be normal. Open the menu and load your "fixed" game with the glitched sky.

Everything should work now.

Edited by ma1025

• 9 months later...

http://www.nexusmods.com/fallout4/mods/9852

Try this batch file and see if you have a black IMOD stuck on screen.

Just to cover all bases, make sure you didn't accidentally set your ENB to a value you didn't intend, if you're using one.

In the ENB overlay in-game, under ENBEFFECT.FX, make sure CC: In Black is set to 0 (or close) and CC: Out White is set to 1 (or close).

Edited by ma1025

• 1 year later...