Random settlement crashes. (Solution found!)

Arm4g3dd0nX

Ok, it was getting so bad, that I was crashing approximately every 60 seconds I was in one of my settlements. Everywhere else in the world I was fine. But this is both good and bad. Bad that Fallout 4 was all but unplayable, but good that it was happening so often, I could finally troubleshoot it.

I just spent the last four hours removing and replacing mods, and starting up the game about a billion times. Spending five minutes in Covenant, the crashiest settlement, and either crashing, or not crashing, then changing what mods are loaded. If the crashes weren't so frequent, this process could have easily taken me over ten hours to troubleshoot.

And the SOLUTION: Quieter Settlements. Delete that s***. Get rid of it. Your settlements might be a tiny bit noisier, but AT LEAST IT WON'T CRASH anymore. I'm just leaving this post here because it was an absolute nightmare to figure out what the cause was. I've also spent hours doing Google searches. This, process, was, miserable.

So, in conclusion, I repeat: Get rid of the mod Quieter Settlements!

Edited by Arm4g3dd0nX

@lukehigdon: you might want to look into the answer I gave you about 3-4h ago in your own thread. Also: your issue is not random crashes, as described by Arm4g3dd0nX, but specific crashes on workshop. Edited by wax2k