Ghouls and their faces

EspritAberrance

I've noticed that all of the ghouls (mainly male) I've encountered seem like they have the same face structure/settings, even Hancock. Though I haven't had time to take screenshots to compare them, I was wondering if anyone felt the same way or if I'm just not looking at them hard enough

Edited by EspritAberrance

Well, he does have one cool set that you need to kill him to get it.

I'm not sure what you're talking about?

and

The ferals seem to be generic, but they're so degraded it's difficult to say.

They are.

Creatures (not human npc.) have only one "skin." thus looks.

I misread this the first time but it also seems to be that all NPC non feral ghouls have the same skin textures as well...

His outfits.

I misread this the first time but it also seems to be that all NPC non feral ghouls have the same skin textures as well...

Nono, skin is more like, ummm. Let me try.

In Beth games. Animals and creatures share a skin. Let call it looks. That they share among all the other of the same race. So all crabs looks the same, bears, bugs etc. Expect when talking about the different ones like glowing ones and whatnot.

That looks doesn't change, you can't change the eyes, nose size, colors. They are all set. That why all feral ghouls look the same. They are a "creature." to the game, not npcs.

For NPCs, they can make use of everything the player has. But ghouls have a limited set of options so it seems. They don't have much hair after all, no need for nose size, hair styles, skin color blah blah etc etc.

His outfits.

Nono, skin is more like, ummm. Let me try.

In Beth games. Animals and creatures share a skin. Let call it looks. That they share among all the other of the same race. So all crabs looks the same, bears, bugs etc. Expect when talking about the different ones like glowing ones and whatnot.

That looks doesn't change, you can't change the eyes, nose size, colors. They are all set. That why all feral ghouls look the same. They are a "creature." to the game, not npcs.

For NPCs, they can make use of everything the player has. But ghouls have a limited set of options so it seems. They don't have much hair after all, no need for nose size, hair styles, skin color blah blah etc etc.

I understand that, I'm not talking about Ferals or other creatures and that they should all be different. I'm just talking about all friendly NPC ghouls, including Hancock. I'm lamenting the fact that non-feral ghouls have no variation in face type at all. I think that they should have more differentiation in that they should have more skin colors, different complexions, different face structures over all. Getting in to how faces are put together in real life, it makes no sense that they would all look the same. They may not need a conventional "nose size" that non-irradiated people have but the nose is still placed a little differently than others; the cheek bones and jaw definitely wouldn't have formed the same way. There is no evidence I've come across that says ghoulification changes the underlying bone structure they had before they were ghouls and as such, they should look as different as other wastelanders, ghoul or not. That and the way their skin becomes scarred all over, it is very unlikely that the same ruts and ridges would form at exactly the same spots on other ghouls.

Specifically what bothers me about it is that they would let a companion look the same as a generic "settler".

I'm sorry that wasn't clear in the first post, it was a question I thought of right before bed :smile:

Edited by EspritAberrance