Lights/Sneaking

Deleted6950280User

I just have a general question about lights in this game? Is there a mod/ a way to destroy inside lights or to get rid of latern and candel light? I am someone who plays this game full stealth mode and if I can not remove all the sources of light in my way it can be annoying in some cases. I don't think i have to link pictures showing you what I mean. But if you do not know what I am talking about I will. Thank you in advanced

Is it for immersion or actually game mechanic?

As for game mechanic (things that will affect gameplay), only about 2 forms of search lights are destructible. I have not tested but I doubt FO4 is like Splinter Cell that actually calculate light falling onto player. In that game, beside the 3 obvious green lights on the head that doesn't count, every light counts against your visibility. FO4, I am not sure if any light will count, and it is harder to test. But my guess is not all light counts toward your visibility. Although according to the author of Darker Night, the actual ambient of the environment does play a role in detection. As in, if you use the darkest version of Darker Night, Vanilla NPC detection will make them be as blind as chicken at night (chicken can't see much of anything at night). It would require a lot of work to make all light breakable so you can shoot just any light and/or douse any campfire to turn them off (like throw a water grenade to splash water onto a campfire).

As for immersion, a sneak character is much of my personal playstyle as well. Although complete darkness irks me because there is no "feed back" from the environment (can't feel things with your hands) and NPCs sure don't really play with the same rules as they know exactly wear to hit you even in complete darkness (like turning off monitor). You will just either go around the lights (and make your game more challenging) or pretend certain lights aren't there. Break immersion I know, but FO4 doesn't do heavy realism anyway. I can't camo myself with leaves and NPC can walk by me without knowing.

How I get by in my game:

- Fix up my outfit with super lightweight (that adds to total AP).

- Have 2 hunting rifle. One for super long range heavy hitting. The other ... short barrel, short stock, short scope (or no scope) that minimizes AP cost, and a muffler if you can. My muffled "sniper" rifle could take out up to 3 ghouls with one bar of AP or less, with the same damage per shot like my strongest sniper rifle setup.

And unless all of them stand side by side (that will detect their buddies getting shot), I can clear a building with a lot of targets without them knowing what hit them. After they die, no amount of light will bother you.

Edited by tomomi1922