Heavy Traffic ×

Settlement Mods

xXStorkXx

Hey there!

Okay so im new here in the nexus-community and i got a problem.

The problem doesn't directly deal with nexus, but with Fallout and with modding

So i installed a few mods that add new stuff to the settlement building, like alternate settlements, sSex , homemaker expanded and so on

okay the problem is that at least one category is missing .

For example i cant select the Shop section anymore. and yes i Installed Settlement Keywords

would be nice if anyone would have an idea what the problem could be here, because i was searching for hours now .

Thanks! :D

xXStorkXx

Hey there!

Okay so im new here in the nexus-community and i got a problem.

The problem doesn't directly deal with nexus, but with Fallout and with modding

So i installed a few mods that add new stuff to the settlement building, like alternate settlements, sSex , homemaker expanded and so on

okay the problem is that at least one category is missing .

For example i cant select the Shop section anymore. and yes i Installed Settlement Keywords

would be nice if anyone would have an idea what the problem could be here, because i was searching for hours now .

Thanks! :D

xXStorkXx

Like yzerman19 said, SSEx should be removed. It's no longer maintained and everything in it is also in Homemaker 1.32d. Settlement Keywords should be first on the list followed by AWKCR (if you have it installed) followed by Homemaker.esm. You also need to have the full integration patch installed for Homemaker to work with SK.

I have a feeling your problem is SSEx, I would start there. But, just in case can you open your C:\Users\<UserID>\AppData\Local\Fallout 4\plugins.txt file and paste the load order here?

Alright thank you very much ! :D

Okay ill remove SSex then .. but what do i have to install exactly?- because if im searching for homemaker there are like 3 other compatibility patches or something

-sorry, i know maybe its easy and im just dumb, but im new to all this :/

maybe you can put a link here or something that would help me ^^

Alright thank you very much ! :D

Okay ill remove SSex then .. but what do i have to install exactly?- because if im searching for homemaker there are like 3 other compatibility patches or something

-sorry, i know maybe its easy and im just dumb, but im new to all this :/

maybe you can put a link here or something that would help me ^^

The only patch that should be required is the "Full Integration" patch during the install process. Since you're not using SSEx anymore, that patch isn't required. Just Homemaker, you can disable the bunkers/capsules/greenhouses/industrial (usually only if you're using another mod that supplies them like Snap'n Build) you can enable Institute Objects (since you're using SK, use the SK version) if you wish to unlock them even while not allied with the institute (prior to running the mission or if you manage to piss them off and lose alliance later). Then there's just the acknowledgement, which you can select or not. These instructions weren't in order, by the way.

Don't dump SSex for Homemaker. Homemaker requires 3 mods to get it to run. Just use SSex.

Please don't talk nonsense. HM on itself requires no patches to work.

Now for actual advice - the reason you miss categories is because you have too many mods adding custom workshop menus (looking at SSex specially). There are patches to make these mods work together, but

1. homemaker has all the items Ssex has except a few that don't matter (I checked personally)

2. homemaker has way more items than ssex and most of them will snap automatically (building blocks, doors etc.). ssex items will mostly not snap

3. homemaker is up to date and constantly updated, ssex is not.

4. ssex has known CTD issues (some random door will crash your game)

5. ssex is well known for corrupting saves once removed

6. ssex support will be dropped from all major mods

7. ssex adds a lot of custom keywords which contribute to the keyword cap (basically, mods coming last in load order will have their menus disappear partly or totally).

Also, when posting issues, you need to provide a load order.

As for the guy that reported wax, gg m8. you are a great addition to this community.

Edited by Ethreon

[,,,]

As for the guy that reported wax, gg m8. you are a great addition to this community.

Nah, it's alright. The video I posted was unnecessary, though harmless in my opinion, but I accept the warning. It sure wasn't helping and just to express my frustration.

I just can't think of any other reason to constantly keep on recommending clearly flawed, outdated and unmaintained mods with a lot of comaptibility issues and difficult to use mod managers in alpha phase to people, that are more or less new to modding and already struggling with the basics. And mostly even without any real reasoning, apart from "I use it so it is right" or false claims. To me this is either rather ignorant or intentional trolling. And it's definitely the opposite of actually being helpful, even if I try to ascribe good intentions.

@xXStorkXx:

I agree with every advice you got so far and the reasons for that advice, apart from one. I'm sure, you will figure out, which :wink:

Edited by wax2k

Since I have been modding games, especially with Mod Organizer, I have come to see that it is far superior to NMM. The best thing about NMM is that it can add mods to games that Mod Organizer can't. That is the only advantage. Mod Organizer keeps things very neat and tidy, and doesn't infest my data folder with tons of mods, that may or may not work. The only advice I have seen for getting Homemaker to work is to infest the data folder. That is it, that is all. And you have to cross your fingers that it doesn't crash at all. I have tested, for about an hour, SSex and Mod Organizer. I have concluded, with zero crashing to the desktop, that it is a very viable and usable mod, as opposed to Homemaker. So, my advice, which is based on testing, and reading, rather some fanboy obsession, that SSex is the better mod.

As to Wax2k, you have seen fit to attack anyone who has proven, time and again, that Homemaker does NOT work unless it is patched to work. And you have done so on a personal level. Now, anyone else reading this, do NOT take any advise from Wax2k.

Meanwhile, tens of users having their games fixed by wax laugh at you. Ssex is a mess, and you keep recommending people to effectively destroy their saves.

And keep talking this nonsense about patches. Patches with what? Please tell me more about how Ssex works with other mods. Oh, right, it's not maintained, and major mods drop it due to this very issue - it is OUTDATED.

Anyway, I want to know all those patches that are NECESSARY for Homemaker to work on its own. I'd like to have them too, since I seem to have missed each and every of the mentioned patches.