In need of info on opening custom hkx files

LaserCyth

hey everyone,

I'm currently trying to solve a bug in a mod that has been a thorn on my side for a while. The mod in question is shaydow's vampire lord overhaul, it's not available on nexus. What the mod in question does is trade the vampire lord skeleton for a female human skeleton, and give it custom human animations.

His work is flawless for the most part, except on one particular case: when in melee mode, out of combat, trying to get into combat mode (which activates the mt_idletoattackcombatstate.hkx animation) will prompt our character to start the animation only for it to get stuck halfway through. This makes it so you will be unable to attack by clicking the mouse buttons since you technically never entered combat mode.

Now, this is not really an issue since moving in either direction will immediately cause you to enter combat mode, so it's not so much a deal breaker as it is an annoyance of mine. Still, I went forth and narrowed it down to the animation files themselves, since switching to the original vampire lord mt_idletoattackcombatstate.hkx file allows us to proceed to combat mode as normal (albeit turning us into an eldritch abomination for a few seconds since the skeleton isn't the same). My guess as someone who doesn't really know anything for sure about animations, is that there's some sort of key transition element that the original VL animation file has, but the human animation files do not have. And so I've been looking for a way to open the custom human hkx file and modify it to mirror whatever I'd find in the original VL hkx file.

-----------

So ultimately, I've come here to ask you all if there's a way to open a custom hkx file so I can tinker with it and try to overcome this problem. I have reasonable experience in modding, but animations are an area I still haven't touched. However, from the things I've read, trying to convert custom hkx files to blender will result in problems, and even after googling for a while I haven't found any alternatives to this. Is there a program that would help me reach this goal? Alternatively, is there a way to solve this issue without converting to blender? Thank you in advance for your time and attention.

EDIT: Problem is solved, if a mod wants to delete/close this topic, please do

Edited by LaserCyth