Possible Quick Swap Equipment?

bluedoom138

First of all, I'd like to say, I love this modding community, you guys are awesome and there is no limit to the creativeness and mod ability of you guys.

Down to the request, I would like to have a mod that would allow me to quickly switch between two sets of weapons, primary and secondary weapons,

I'd like to switch between my bow and daggers to my sword and shield without having to go through any Immersion breaking menus. You people have

showed me things I didn't believe was possible within the programming of some of these games. I want to know if you can do it, or if it's possible.

Thanks.

I doubt it's possible to do, but I also would dearly love to see such a mod.

I find it very annoying that Capcom treats a bow as an off-hand (so-called "secondary") item. So I cannot have sword & shield as a set and bow as an alternate set. Capcom forces me to exclude the shield, and forgo all skills tied to the shield, to be able to swap between a sword and a bow. This is just plain stupid and lazy of their programmers.

I just know one of these mod authors can do it! Just look what they did with Skyrim! Then again, I don't think this game will ever get that popular, and I don't think all the same authors will even take an interest in dragon's dogma, but I just know that there's a talented mod author working on this game.

Well, there's a difference between Skyrim and DD:DA. Bethesda graciously support the modding community. They release the tools and it's user guide. Capcom, not so much.

What you're asking requires a knowledge of the engine internals, or at the very least, it's the scripting. That's hard stuff, unless Capcom also release MT Framework tools to the public. Compare this to Bethesda which release their tools plus docs ever since Morrowind. Plus, IINM, at least one of Bethesda's dev team is active in the modding scene, spewing tools and insights to the engine.

It's not impossible for DD:DA however. Cielos at CheatEngine forum made his instant vocation rank level up cheat by calling the game's internal function to make sure the user also get all the skills associated with the rank. I won't hold my breath however.

The simplest way would be a shortcut that changes the equipped weapon . But the animation of the interface are Hardcoded so even with this you will have to wait after the animation HUD .

Asking costs nothing , so you should ask :

http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/96/?

And please no more Skyrim comparison. These two games have nothing in common

No, the games don't have much in common, but they do have the same modding community. Which is probably the best modding community in my opinion. Back to the mod, doing this mod would as jared19 said, require knowledge of the engine internals, so unless we have a person from the developing team on the nexus, or someone who is able to manipulate the code as well as the developers, I guess it may not be possible.