Tutorial: Softening Leliana In Your Save Game (In HEX! It's Easy!)

flairtorc

...*snip snip shortened*...

Question though.

CE01323A17870C4E95283D747263019A = Leliana did not kill agent

But what are the other 3?

And why did we have to add the last 2, since they are set to False?

Would the game not have considered them False regardless?

No harm, seeing as how what I replaced is, by DAI code, still set as FALSE.

I'm just really curious what those 3 flags are.

Congratulations on making it so Leliana doesn't ruin your game!

It's been so long since I researched how to do this, after first seeing ricco19's solution(It was a bounty post, take my save, fix it, I'll pay you 50 dollars, kinda thing), that I no longer remember why you had to have them, despite them being false. I would assume they are required to exist because in order for her not to crazy, certain conditions must be met. So a script in the game checks like, are these extra 2 values set to false? If they were, then the statement would pull a "True". But since they don't exist in the table of plot flags, it can do nothing but arrive at "False". So if you were to look at this on a whole, it would be a script for deciding if Leliana listens to you in the final event. The script goes, are these values;

CE01323A17870C4E95283D747263019A = True

DADF5B4FCEAAA749AC724875AFD601D6 = True

0E8105EDBBB9694DBC4A913ADE0301C5 = False

DB286CE3E14E2D44964C573E2EB0010C = False

????

And the plot table replies

CE01323A17870C4E95283D747263019A = True Yes

DADF5B4FCEAAA749AC724875AFD601D6 = True Yes

0E8105EDBBB9694DBC4A913ADE0301C5 = null No

DB286CE3E14E2D44964C573E2EB0010C = null No

Which causes the script to arrive that you haven't met the requirements for her to listen to you, and she kills the guy, ruining your game forever. In programming, if memory serves, in order for the conditions to be met properly, they have to be False or True. A null value is just considered neither true, nor false. It's null, and since it's a null value, that script that checks to see if Leliana listens to you will always fail, unless the values are exactly what is needed to be met.

I hope I answered that in a good way for you. Again, it's been a really long time since I made this guide and a lot of the research behind it has left my brain, as with the programming knowledge.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah, that makes sense.

Instead of checking if the values are True/False, it checks to ensure that X=Y, with them not existing equaling to a False result.

I wonder what they are though...

I read through that bounty Thread; was never mentioned what they were.

He did research and guessed those were the 4, but didn't specify the 3 that doesn't have words attached to them.

Hardened Leliana was fantastic in DAO.

Standing up for herself and all.

But man... DAI Leliana hardened is a monster.

Making her Divine, knowing that she'd be like the Tevinter Divine, it really makes me cringe.

Ah, that makes sense.

Instead of checking if the values are True/False, it checks to ensure that X=Y, with them not existing equaling to a False result.

I wonder what they are though...

I read through that bounty Thread; was never mentioned what they were.

He did research and guessed those were the 4, but didn't specify the 3 that doesn't have words attached to them.

Hardened Leliana was fantastic in DAO.

Standing up for herself and all.

But man... DAI Leliana hardened is a monster.

Making her Divine, knowing that she'd be like the Tevinter Divine, it really makes me cringe.

Yeah, to be honest, out of everything in this game, that is the one thing I think they REALLY dropped the ball on. You can spend hundreds of hours in the game, only to have your ENTIRE ending ruined by the first hour of the game because of missing one, seemingly innocuous event. And even at that point, depending upon how you romanced Leliana in DAO, how she is in DAI does not make any sense per her character. The ease at which she goes overboard makes her character seem incredibly weak, and as if everything that happened in DAO never did. Like she never changed at all. Poor game and story design in my opinion.

Yeah, to be honest, out of everything in this game, that is the one thing I think they REALLY dropped the ball on. You can spend hundreds of hours in the game, only to have your ENTIRE ending ruined by the first hour of the game because of missing one, seemingly innocuous event. And even at that point, depending upon how you romanced Leliana in DAO, how she is in DAI does not make any sense per her character. The ease at which she goes overboard makes her character seem incredibly weak, and as if everything that happened in DAO never did. Like she never changed at all. Poor game and story design in my opinion.

Thank you!

Another person who sees things the way I do!

In DAO, she was... weird.

Way too naive.

Hardening her merely made her stand up for herself.

Same with with Alistair.

And unlike DAI, the decision rested on 1 critical point; not spread out like this nonsense.

For her to go from that, to an agent of the Divine in DA2, to this monster?

Too big of a change; they hadn't even lost Haven yet, and she was already ruthless.

Thank you!

Another person who sees things the way I do!

In DAO, she was... weird.

Way too naive.

Hardening her merely made her stand up for herself.

Same with with Alistair.

And unlike DAI, the decision rested on 1 critical point; not spread out like this nonsense.

For her to go from that, to an agent of the Divine in DA2, to this monster?

Too big of a change; they hadn't even lost Haven yet, and she was already ruthless.

Especially since it makes the second event not even really matter. First thing holds 99% of the sway, with the seconds counting for 1%. Just being there as a courtesy.

Leliana's Mind: I swear to the Maker, if I have one more spy betray me and someone doesn't stop me, I'm done, everyone can die, f*#@ it.

Especially since it makes the second event not even really matter. First thing holds 99% of the sway, with the seconds counting for 1%. Just being there as a courtesy.

Leliana's Mind: I swear to the Maker, if I have one more spy betray me and someone doesn't stop me, I'm done, everyone can die, f*** it.

Haha.

Yeah.

She's a great spymaster.

Except for those specific points.

• 1 month later...

Hello, i've done everything right, step by step, but when i load the save (in main hall, after defeating cory) and go for the "credits" Leliana still hardened. The ending of softened Leliana must say:

• She meets with their leaders, urging unity. Miraculously her words take root, and - for now - the Chantry remains strong.

But in my case it says:

• Her response is as swift as it is deadly, unity is maintained, but blood runs through the halls of the Grand Cathedral.

i checked the values that i changed with DAISaveEditor and nothing is wrong.. The two values that need to be FALSE are FALSE, and the other values that need to be TRUE are TRUE. I think if i hade done Block Left Shift wrong my save would not be loaded.
Please, i need help :sad:

Edited by cc4l332

Hello, i've done everything right, step by step, but when i load the save (in main hall, after defeating cory) and go for the "credits" Leliana still hardened. The ending of softened Leliana must say:

• She meets with their leaders, urging unity. Miraculously her words take root, and - for now - the Chantry remains strong.

But in my case it says:

• Her response is as swift as it is deadly, unity is maintained, but blood runs through the halls of the Grand Cathedral.

i checked the values that i changed with DAISaveEditor and nothing is wrong.. The two values that need to be FALSE are FALSE, and the other values that need to be TRUE are TRUE. I think if i hade done Block Left Shift wrong my save would not be loaded.

You did all 3 events right? Modded in the missed one at Haven, and did the event in Skyhold, and ended her personal quest correctly? Right? I look there first because you might be the first one to tell me this hasn't worked.

But in my case it says:

You did all 3 events right? Modded in the missed one at Haven, and did the event in Skyhold, and ended her personal quest correctly? Right? I look there first because you might be the first one to tell me this hasn't worked.

What u mean "modded in the missed one at Haven"? The event at Skyhold im pretty sure that I did (i love leliana and checked for new conversations literally all the time). I did her personal quest (and killed Natalie).

I need to install a Mod? is it? Im bit confused

Also, sorry for my english, my primary language isn't English (I speak portuguese)

But in my case it says:

What u mean "modded in the missed one at Haven"? The event at Skyhold im pretty sure that I did (i love leliana and checked for new conversations literally all the time). I did her personal quest (and killed Natalie).

I need to install a Mod? is it? Im bit confused

Also, sorry for my english, my primary language isn't English (I speak portuguese)

No No, what I mean is, in order for Leliana to not go overboard, you have to do my guide to mod your save file to make it so you didn't miss the Haven event. Then you have to have her second event, where if memory serves you tell her to not kill people or something along those lines (she sure likes killin in this game) in Skyhold, then her personal quest, which is the final one where you have to tell her to not kill.... whoever that one person is, been a long time once again. If all three events are done properly, she should not be hardened. Nothing in Origins or DA2 affects the outcome of whether or not she is hardened in this game (Which makes no sense). In the third event did you allow her to kill a person? Also, you don't need any mods installed. And I forgot to say earlier, but if you hadn't block shifted correctly, your save simply would have not loaded, so you did that part correctly.