MetaPhoenix7878

4 members have voted

1. 1. Good idea?

• Yes
    • No

Hey guys! I was playing with a cybernetic mod for Fallout 4 when something hit me:

There should be a mod for Fallout in which you can actually lose your limbs, and you need to craft crutches until you can make a cybernetic limb.

That would be pretty cool, but there would be extreme consequences while you are limbless, like slower movement (slower than over encumbered) until you can make crutches.

Crutches will be created with wood and steel, and later mod updates, it can be made out of a rifle.

If you lose your arm, you need to use cloth or Abraxo or something to stop the bleeding until you can make a cybernetic arm.

However, you can't just make an arm if you have one or none. That's why the table is automatic. It does it for you. There are limbs there that make the cybernetic parts, and there's a microphone there so you don't have to input what part you need.

Limbs can be damaged like power armor pieces, but can be repaired in the field with metal armor pieces (such as raider, metal, and combat).

As you level up, you get access to more pieces or something. For instance, you can get a synthetic arm that uses plastic at a certain perk or level.

Then you could mod those limbs, like a rifle/pistol arm, stimpack injector, melee damage increase, etc.

What do you guys think?

If you are willing to start something like this, let us know!

Beside huge undertaking, this is going to the realm of survival play. Remember the time where Diablo and Everquest allowed players to play in the mode that death = real death? For an online game, it can be extreme, because lag and technical issues interfere. But for a single player game, you can load previous save. But still, I bet a lot of people will come out with almost all cybernetic replacement (think of Ghost in the Shell). Because the way FO4 plays, it's near impossible to not get hit.

Games like Ghost Recon, it makes a lot of sense, there is no health pack, you get hit you die. It is all about planning the moves and there is almost no reckless moves. In FO4, I don't think that's even possible since they don't really have a good cover system. And you cannot 1 shot people. Most realistic FPS, there is no such thing as a boss with tons of HP. It's just tough scenario where you die by getting crossfired or flanked. But FO4, it's just not this kind of game.

So may as well allow players to choose putting on cybernetics as they see fit, as part of their roleplaying experience (like getting tattoo, haircut, etc....) There is already a mod (CROSS) that offers cybernetic arms,.

I was just about to say that outfits literally allow you to replace body parts. In fact, that's how outfits work. So if anyone wants to make robot forearms or feet or such, that would definitely be possible to make them as outfit pieces and just wear them as you see fit.