Help: Editing the .lvl files in the level folder

Zarthak

I am trying to edit the stats gained on level up for Hybrid classes.

Using the base files provided by Liongate on his mod page below it has a .lvl a .lvl.txt and a .lvl.xml file for each class in his level folder, I edited the xml file and repacked it, however no changes were made.

( http://www.nexusmods.com/dragonsdogma/mods/50/?tab=2&navtag=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.nexusmods.com%2Fdragonsdogma%2Fajax%2Fmodfiles%2F%3Fid%3D50&pUp=1 )

So I used ARCtool to unpack the game_main.arc that I repacked, and looked in the level folder but now the only files in there are the .lvl's, both the .txt and .xml files are missing. However I also noticed that on unpacking the original .arc the level folder only has .lvl files in it.

So somehow the xml and txt files are supposed to be combined into the .lvl but I am unsure as to how.

Any help would be great :D

So Liongate was awesome and responded to a private message asking him how do edit his mod. He responded with this guide someone else made, and it worked for me 100%, so if you want to edit the stats you get on level up follow this.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

From the tools here: http://residentevilm...ad/5774/arctool all you need is "ARCtool.exe" from the first rar and "pc-dd.bat" from the second. To simplify the process make a copy of pc-dd.bat and rename it pc-dd-xfs.txt

Open your newly created pc-dd-xfs.bat with any text editor (like notepad++) and change it to:
arctool -xfs -dd -texRE6 -alwayscomp -pc -txt -v 7 %1 %2 %3 %4 %5 %6 %7 %8 %9

save it and rename it back to pc-dd-xfs.bat

Now all you need is "game_main.arc" from "\Steam\steamapps\common\DDDA\nativePC\rom" (Needs to be in the same folder as exe and bat files)

You are now ready to mod. It is easier if you just copy everything you need into a new folder while working.

Step 1. Drag "game_main.arc" onto "pc-dd-xfs.bat". A folder called game_main will be created with all the files uncompressed.

Step 2. In said folder go to "game_main\param\pl\level". Edit the xml file of your choice.

Step 3. Make a copy of the entire "level" folder and then delete the "game_main" folder you created in Step 1.

Step 4. Drag "game_main.arc" onto "pc-dd.bat". A folder called game_main will be created.

Step 5. Go to "game_main\param\pl\" and delete the level folder. Replace it with the one you made a copy of in Step 3.

Step 6. Delete the "game_main.arc" you copied into your new work folder. Now drag the game_main folder onto "pc-dd-xfs.bat". This creates your now modded "game_main.arc".

Step 7. In "\Steam\steamapps\common\DDDA\nativePC\rom" make a backup of your original "game_main.arc" and move your now modded "game_main.arc" into it's place.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It broke the .lvl files into editable .xml files that could be edited easily and repacked them.

Step 1. Drag "game_main.arc" onto "pc-dd-xfs.bat". A folder called game_main will be created with all the files uncompressed.

Step 2. In said folder go to "game_main\param\pl\level". Edit the xml file of your choice.

Step 3. Make a copy of the entire "level" folder and then delete the "game_main" folder you created in Step 1.

Step 4. Drag "game_main.arc" onto "pc-dd.bat". A folder called game_main will be created.

Step 5. Go to "game_main\param\pl\" and delete the level folder. Replace it with the one you made a copy of in Step 3.

Step 6. Delete the "game_main.arc" you copied into your new work folder. Now drag the game_main folder onto "pc-dd-xfs.bat". This creates your now modded "game_main.arc".

Step 7. In "{DDDA root}\nativePC\rom" make a backup of your original "game_main.arc" and move your now modded "game_main.arc" into it's place.

Steps 3, 4, and 5 can be ignored. Once you have completed the edits from Step 2 you can simply drag the game_main folder back onto the XFS version of the batch file (as per Step 6) to repack the archive.