Geck problems

floydmorgan80

Im having trouble with my GECK, I loaded it up, and tried to load the FalloutNV.esm and it wont load. I dont get an error or a crash. Just Loads "nothing". It worked fine yesterday. When I booted up computer this morning, my steam client updated, i assume thats what it was, something downloaded, and not sure what it was, it had cleared away to fast for me to see what it was. I wasnt even aware of it DL anything. I am thinking it was the New Vegas patch. But Back on the topic of the GECK, do you think the patch updated it self to my game, and now GECK cant reconize my files? Whats the deal? I hope you all got some answers or something on this.

Im having trouble with my GECK, I loaded it up, and tried to load the FalloutNV.esm and it wont load. I dont get an error or a crash. Just Loads "nothing". It worked fine yesterday. When I booted up computer this morning, my steam client updated, i assume thats what it was, something downloaded, and not sure what it was, it had cleared away to fast for me to see what it was. I wasnt even aware of it DL anything. I am thinking it was the New Vegas patch. But Back on the topic of the GECK, do you think the patch updated it self to my game, and now GECK cant reconize my files? Whats the deal? I hope you all got some answers or something on this.

Same problem here. Today after steam finished updating NV, I downloaded and installed the geck. The editor loads correctly, but it does not open any packages. No errors or crashes.

And this was my first attempt to mod NV. What a bad luck >.<

bethjunkie: "There allegedly is a Geck update through Steam under the Tools menu. I'm waiting until later to update my game so I can't go there and check."

For me, there isn't any update for the geck under "Tools"...

Edited by Ronsemberg