Geck problems

floydmorgan80

But....now the G.E.C.K. still wont work -.-

Well, Not really sure what is going on. I downloaded the new GECK 1.3 from the Bethesda sight as soon as it was released and it was the proper updated GECK. I just went and checked the Bethesda site and for some reason they have removed the 1.3 GECK and put back the 1.1 version which will not work with the patched game. Make sure you have the right version. 1.1 is old geck. 1.3 is new geck.

Here is a link to a page on this forum that has a post about half way down the page with a direct link to down load the proper 1.3 GECK.

http://www.thenexusforums.com/index.php?/topic/374098-new-geck-is-up/

After that you will need to get the NVSE BETA 10 from

http://nvse.silverlock.org/

The Beta 10 works for both the game and the GECK updates. Beta 9 was a quick fix that only worked for the patched the game itself because the new GECK had not yet been released.

Lilwayne, i found the problem. u need to reinstall the G.E.C.K. via the official website for fallout, then put it backinto the folder for the Fallout New Vegas game

Make sure that you DO NOT install it in the Data Folder. It needs to be one folder level up from the Data folder. File path is

\Steam\SteamApps\common\fallout new vegas

Just unzip the whole thing into that folder.

• 4 weeks later...

I have a problem uploading the GECK,

I've extracted the livorbis.dll and livorbisfile.dll into the fallout 3 folder, but the message reads

'the procedure entry point vorbis_windows could not be located in the dynamic link library livorbis.dll'

I have not found any solutions, can anyone help me ?

• 1 month later...
I think this thread is dead but, i need some help badly, i have the Geck 1.1 and sometimes it loads nothing, and sometimes it freezes and loads nothing, and when i try to put the Geck 1.3 in my New Vegas directory, it says i need admin permissions which i am.