• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

Lehcar

Lehcar

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
Don't get me wrong, I really love DA2, but I was still disappointed that it did not resolve most of the loose plot ends that Origins left us with. But now I'm even more frustrated because DA2 has created even more sequel hooks and unresolved plots! Posted Image

I really, REALLY hope that all of these will be resolved for good by the time DA3 comes around. And don't nobody start going on about money. With the overwhelming success of Origins and the Mass Effect series, I'm sure they can more than afford to spend a well paced amount of time crafting another masterpiece! Patience is a virtue...

Also, Bioware, please do not do not dump the Lycium Engine! It's beyond awesome.

Edited by Lehcar, 26 April 2011 - 05:15 AM.

brokenergy

brokenergy

Damn it Luke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts
It's not going to be all resolved in one go. What's the point at making long term choices matter if its all going to splatter all over you in DA2 like an ad-hormine. Would more info be awesome? Yes, but will it work? No, it would be awkward for the player. There is a huge difference between how much you can put into a game with a single protaganist (like Shepard or Geralt) and ones with multiple protaganists like DA or TES. Hence why Gaider said that some plots are slow-boiling plots that need a long time to stew. So have a little patience will ya.

Also the engine needs to go or a major graphical up because it's just barely holding on with the graphical standards of today.

brokenergy

brokenergy

Damn it Luke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts
Sorry, my internet is acting up today.

Edited by brokenergy, 28 April 2011 - 10:12 AM.

LadyMilla

LadyMilla

Resident poster

• Moderators
  • 15,216 posts

Also the engine needs to go or a major graphical up because it's just barely holding on with the graphical standards of today.

Somehow I doubt that a significant upgrade in graphics will happen any soon. There was a good discussion somewhere on the Internet and one of the participants pointed out that consoles are holding back game development NOT because their user base is made up of a bunch of two-bit simpletons but because their hardware is outdated. Xbox360 was released near the end of 2005 and PS3 near the end of 2006. Both platforms are about 5 years old. PC technology has surpassed them but still, since they are the focus of game development, any titles that are planned need to be adapted for a now substandard architecture. Since the economic crisis is not yet over, I doubt that developers will have the funding required for developing high-end PC versions and limited versions for the consoles in tandem.

Lehcar

Lehcar

Faithful poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 2,355 posts
Really? I actually loved the graphics in this game! I think they're great.

However I was miffed that most of the settings are restricted to DX11. Can't get it because I don't have Windows 7.

I really want a toolkit, though. :(

Also, I didn't mean they needed to completely finish off the currently running plots for good, but if they'd built onto them somewhat or at least continued them, even in a very very small minor way. I kind of wish they'd did that, would have been interesting. Throw a good twist or two at us. Posted Image

Edited by Lehcar, 28 April 2011 - 06:10 PM.

Thandal

Thandal

Faithful Kobold Companion

• Moderators
  • 23,176 posts

...However I was miffed that most of the settings are restricted to DX11. Can't get it because I don't have Windows 7...

Hey Lechar; You don't necessarily need Win7. One can also install DirectX-11 on Vista. :whistling:
(If you happen to have Vista, look for the "platform update".)

Tikkidew

Tikkidew

Fan

• Premium Member
  • 466 posts

DA2 doesn't have good graphics ... but Skyrim will =]

Posted Image

brokenergy

brokenergy

Damn it Luke!

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,743 posts

However I was miffed that most of the settings are restricted to DX11. Can't get it because I don't have Windows 7.

I really want a toolkit, though. :(

Also, I didn't mean they needed to completely finish off the currently running plots for good, but if they'd built onto them somewhat or at least continued them, even in a very very small minor way. I kind of wish they'd did that, would have been interesting. Throw a good twist or two at us. Posted Image

Only when compared Origins. When compared to other games in the market, DA2 doesn't stand out in the graphical department. There needs to be a major shift to improve graphics, and yes it could work for consoles as well because there are several games that are multi-platformed like DA2 but more graphically superior (like ACII, Uncharted 2, and even Skyrim).

Qessanea

Qessanea

President Roaster

• Premium Member
  • 18,985 posts
Heh, I thought the DA2 graphics were brilliant, but the only modern computer games I've played are DAO and Neverwinter Nights. Before that it was all Sierra and Lucasarts. Maniac Mansion, anyone? :devil:

huntsman2310a

huntsman2310a

Fan

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 307 posts
I don't think graphics matter much when it comes to the story, but as for the atmosphere of it all, it does.

And I'm still not sure how the Xbox 360 has outdated hardware if it can keep churning out and running titles such as Crysis 2, Halo Reach, which would probably make most computers melt, or I am just not Tech-Savvy?

IPB skins by Skinbox
Page loaded in: 1.161 seconds