Quest Aliases and AI Packages

MichikoUnknownFox

I'm trying to create an AI package for my NPCs that allow them to look for any nearby non-hostile actor that is in critical health, say within 500 units, then attempt to use a Heal Other spell on them to heal them.

I... can't figure out how to do it. I know I need to use Quest Aliases and the UseMagic Procedure, but since I can't seem to find any examples of this even on Google, being a fairly unpopular request as most people only care about them healing the player, which I know how to do, it's really tough. I'm not sure I understand what I'm doing with Quest Aliases.

So far I've made an AI package with a new quest with an alias (Find Matching Reference, closest in loaded area) as the Owner quest. UseMagic type procedure, and Heal Other listed as the spell. I put my new alias as the target.

I can't seem to attach this new AI package to my test NPC (a copy of a bandit for now). I can attach vanilla packages just fine, just not the new package I made. I assume it's because I did something wrong with the AI package or the quest or whatever.

Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks in advance.

• 6 months later...

I'm beginner myself and can't help you in detail, but I would try the following:

Set up your follower like this:

http://skyrimmw.weebly.com/skyrim-modding/making-a-custom-follower-skyrim-modding-tutorial

Make a new quest with start game enabled checked, create alias name actor1, under match conditions put GetIsId (your actor).

Create alias actor2, Find matching reference, try condition IsInjured and set it to target.

Create alias (your actor), check unique actor and choose your actor. Go back to actor1 and set Force Into Alias When Filled (your actor's alias).

Go to scene tab and set up a scene with your created package attached. You can also start the scene through script attached to dialog. Look to this tutorial to set it up right.

http://skyrimmw.weebly.com/skyrim-modding/making-dialogue-scenes-skyrim-modding-tutorial-by-jac

I hope this will help you to come forth with your actors.