Bug at Sky Haven Temple

KINGSTER96

Hello everyone,

This is my first time using the forums, please no hate. I have a very big problem which I have been unable to find at google. When I enter Sky Haven Temple with Delphine and Esbern [and two mod followers (Sofia and Inigo)] Esberns goes to Alduin's wall but Delphine doesn't move. I have played Skyrim a lot of times and this is the first time that this has happened. I know that Esbern and Delphine are supposed to go to the wall and I have to talk to Esbern and then Delphine talks but she doesn't because she is at the door from which we entered. I have the skyrim unofficial patches (all three) and also the legendary patch (right now only this one is activated). I have like 180 mods, none changes the temple, some change npc's AI. I have tried using a save before the fight with the fornsworn but the result is the same. Can anyone help or should I try using a way earlier save or using console commands? Any help is welcome Thanks.

Try open the console and click on delphine. Her reference ID should be visible on the top middle of the console window. Now move your player near alduins wall and type "moveto player" without quotes in the console. This will teleport delhpine to you. If the quest doesnt progress still, search for the quest's ID and stage number in google and use the "setstage (quest id) (stage number)" command (without quotes) to progress the game.

This quest has a lot of bugs, I had this problem before too and it took an older save game to get past it.

Best thing to do for quests like this is get them out of the way early in your playthrough. I think the longer your game drags on the more bugs pop up for example, random npcs get stuck and twirl around a lot after 80 to 100 hours play time. I try to get the companions stuff out of the way as soon as I can along side the main quest. Also I think this game just doesn't like having a lot of mods loaded.

I try to not go near that place until I reach level 48 so I can get the max leveled version of dragonbane but you could always use a mod that reduces that stuff if you are doing the same thing.

Edited by dragonslayer2k12

Well I have alternate new beginning (don't remember if that's how it's writing) and started with the companions, did a lot of quests before the main quest because i have deadly dragons and dragon combat overhaul and dragons would have been a pain in the beginning. Now the main quest is my top priority. Hope I don't find any other ugly but like this one. I got dragonbane at level 26...

Yes I know but I have started Skyrim from the beginning like 6 or 7 times and starting the same way gets boring. Not counting the many times I have started from the beginning to check other mods. Hahaha

If you dont want to experience the same thing over and over again wheb starting over, you should check out the Sands of Time mod. With this mod you will bot be able to predict when you will fight enemies. They can appear anywhere at anytime. Your usual 5-15 minutes bleak falls barrow run can turn to 60 minutes of non stop combat (depends on settings in mcm)

Ultimate Deadly Encounters Sands of Time. Great great mod. It's wonderfull, or something... I don't have the latest version so I dunno how it is right now. I liked it a lot but had to unistall it because for some reason(s) when bandits spawned they just walked, didn't tried to kill me or anything, even when I hit them till they died. Also happened with the two bandits at the ratway when looking for Esbern. Now that I think of it maybe the mod wasn't the problem. And the Mephala...damn those. I know I know that some features could be deactivated, but that paralizing venom... Anyway I had some other problems like with the zombie apocalylse where I couldn't go near any hold because my game CTD every single time (maybe it was because my laptop where I play games isn't very powerfull for games. Skyrim goes from 20-45 on exteriors and 40-60 on interiors). So I deactivated it and since them I find Skyrim...dull (english is not my first language, my apologies if that word doesn't mean what I think it means) and have wanted to activated again but don't know if it will work on a already running game that has also diasebled it before. Thanks for the suggestion :)