Fallout 4 1.3 Update Now Official!

SirSalami

For me, this fixed the CTD!

(I got CTD 5-10 seconds after the game started.)

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.

I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.

Edited by Nordland1

• Replies 354
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #34069750.

Oddball_E8 wrote: Well, no CTD yet, and I can use the settlement build menu...

HOWEVER, my position on the map is now indicated with the Power Armour symbol, and the position of my last used Power Armour is indicated with a cave symbol.

Also, I suspect some of the weapon effects aren't working properly.

My mods seem to be working, but I get CTD's after a few seconds after loading game. Guess we'll have to wait either for mod updates and/or some other fix for this.

I had the same issues, CTD right after game start.....Closed game. Opened NEXUS MM, disabled all mods. Went into My Games and trashed Fallout. ini and FalloutPrefs.ini, had game reinstall them. Make sure your running the game as it came, make no changes to the .ini files (no archiving). Game started normal and is now running, with no mods installed, no reinstall; right where I left off.

Now to wait for the developers to either rewrite their mods or add functionality patches for the update.

Edited by concepts2a

In response to post #34071015.

Nordland1 wrote: For me, this fixed the CTD!

And after some research in my mod list i found that "Enhanced Blood Textures" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "blood" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.

so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well

In response to post #34068110. #34069685 is also a reply to the same post.

smokemoon wrote: Half of my mods are no longer working even though they are installed and checked in NMM. All of the items I have added to the game via mod have disappeared. Thanks again Bethesda.
sleepsalot wrote: mods need updates when a new game version comes out, its not bethesda's job to make sure every single mod is compatible with new features/changes

If only we could disable updates...

But no, steam feels that it has to be a b&@*$ and force them on us.

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071680 are all replies on the same post.

And after some research in my mod list i found that "The Gore Overhaul" was the culprit.
I still got the mod activated in NMM but I renamed the "gore" folder (the mods texture folder) so it won't load. And after that no more CTD's.
arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
arroya wrote: ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages

Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod who was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in ".../Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings) Edited by Nordland1

In response to post #34071015. #34071450, #34071620 are all replies on the same post.

arroya wrote: so what folders name did you change again? I want to try this. I am running EBT as well
Nordland1 wrote: Sorry I mixed up two mods.
For me it's "THE GORE OVERHAUL" mod the was causing the CTD.
Not "Enhanced Blood Textures".

I renamed the folder "Gore" by just adding a Z (zgore).
You will find the folder in "/...Data/Textures/Gore"

(I edited my first post with my new findings)

ok just renamed it. because i have gore overhaul as well lets see if it works Ill send you a pm I dont want to clog the thread. Check your messages

Also getting crashes, but only around Cabot's house. If I load previous saves it works fine, and even inside Cabot's house, but the second I load outside his door CTD. Wish I hadn't auto-updated. Is there anyway to roll back updates?