Texture mods not working

00fate00

okaypunk

It's quite possible that your problem isn't with your ini files but rather with using NMM. Are you using the latest version of NMM? because it's incredibly buggy and seems to have a particularly hard time enabling texture only mods. You can try a manual install just to make sure that's the issue, and if so you can switch to an older version of NMM or to Mod Organizer 2.

Manual install instructions (also, I suggest only using the ini changes listed here vs the old posts in this thread many of which are outdated) http://wiki.tesnexus.com/index.php/Fallout_4_Mod_Installation
My copy/pasta on NMM, MO2
The latest versions of NMM are really bad about not properly installing and activating mods. Unfortunately they've also stopped supporting it while they work on a new one from scratch. I suggest either switching to a somewhat older, more stable version of NMM or switching to Mod Organizer 2 which has recently started receiving support again with a new developer.

• 7 months later...

This post may be dead but for anyone having problems, instead of adding the lines listed below to the fallout4custom.ini, add them to the Fallout4.ini instead.

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

QUICK NOTE

(sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ may already be listed under [Archive] just delete the last part.)

I hope this helps someone and sorry if I revived a dead post

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Install nmm dont use it!

Nmm continually mix the files ive found craigstorm meshes in p90 folder

I found tht checking an manually copy an paste fies.

Also check there in right folders and or not missing

P90 just dont show its in inventory benelli the same they both have similar named folders

I found nmm putting '870 sond files in p90 meshes

The ru556 is working except i found tht th character is holding two hands like pistol ill figure it out

I run nmm for activation only i install all mods manually on pc its easy as i get upto 6 hrs before game crashs hope the obove helps

• 1 month later...

This post may be dead but for anyone having problems, instead of adding the lines listed below to the fallout4custom.ini, add them to the Fallout4.ini instead.

[Archive]

bInvalidateOlderFiles=1

sResourceDataDirsFinal=

QUICK NOTE

(sResourceDataDirsFinal=STRINGS\ may already be listed under [Archive] just delete the last part.)

I hope this helps someone and sorry if I revived a dead post

Same here. I've poured over thread after thread of someone saying "no, you do THIS," another says, "Don't listen to that bad advice, you do THIS HERE OR YOU'RE DOING IT WRONG," etc., etc. Yes, I understand they are doing what worked for them in their game, but it can get very confusing very fast

Back in October I installed the game as a new modder, hadn't modded a game in my life until then. Followed the basic instructions on the Nexus wiki for modding, and it just worked. Everything worked great! And now... it doesn't. In one of my 5 re-installations this weekend, I literally made an effort to forget everything I've learned in the last few months, and download like I haven't a clue; didn't work either.

Yeah... it came to that, sadly enough.

Since I had to reinstall my game a few days ago, I figured ok, time for a clean start with all the mods I liked best. So, I re-download the game for a completely fresh start. I install FO4SE like I have for this game previously and Skyrim SE as well. NPC overhauls seem to work fine, as well as weapon mods/additions.

But for the life of me can't get mods like Repaired Sanctuary Roofs, Fallout 4 Seasons, Paint That House, or Patch Job - Fill Those Holes. Oddly enough, Sanctuary Hills - Water Roads and Bridge Remade seems to work just fine. The latter uses an .esp, the rest are just textures it seems, so I figured it was an issue with that. But Repaired Roofs has an .esp too, which doesn't work either, so looking for the uncommon denominator here.

I have literally re-downloaded and reinstalled this f***ing game at least 5 times this last weekend, it's sucked my weekend dry. I have poured through every wiki, thread, and forum I can find to fix this, and nothing. I've tried all the suggestions in this thread as well, and nothing.

I'm really at a loss here, is there something I should screenshot and/or upload to make assistance easier? I've really done everything I can think of and know how to do before posting, but my self sufficiency has met it's end. This is what my archive list looks like in the Fallout4_Default.ini file:

[Archive]
sResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4 - Textures1.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures2.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures3.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures4.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures5.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures6.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures7.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures8.ba2, Fallout4 - Textures9.ba2
sResourceStartUpArchiveList=Fallout4 - Startup.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2
SResourceArchiveList=Fallout4 - Voices.ba2, Fallout4 - Meshes.ba2, Fallout4 - MeshesExtra.ba2, Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Sounds.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
SResourceArchiveList2=Fallout4 - Animations.ba2
sResourceDataDirsFinal=
SGeometryPackageList=Fallout4 - Geometry.csg
SCellResourceIndexFileList=Fallout4.cdx
SResourceArchiveMemoryCacheList= Fallout4 - Misc.ba2, Fallout4 - Shaders.ba2, Fallout4 - Interface.ba2, Fallout4 - Materials.ba2
As a side note, when I put bInvalidateOlderFiles=1 under the [Archive] above as suggested, the game hangs on a black screen and must be forced to close.

Any assistance provided would be greatly, greatly appreciated.

Edited by Sevatt

Someone recently had a problem with his textures, too, and it turned out that the NMM only put links to the real textures into the game's Data folder. The real textures were "installed" into the NMM's own folder somehow. Maybe check if it's the same problem here. Open your game's data folder and dive into the texture files to see if the actual textures are even there.

Other mods could work because they use archived textures.

Someone recently had a problem with his textures, too, and it turned out that the NMM only put links to the real textures into the game's Data folder. The real textures were "installed" into the NMM's own folder somehow. Maybe check if it's the same problem here. Open your game's data folder and dive into the texture files to see if the actual textures are even there.

Other mods could work because they use archived textures.

Hi Funs, thanks for the response. When I go to D:\Games\steamapps\common\Fallout 4\Data\textures, I see all kinds of textures there, specifically in the Terrain and Landscape folders. I know they're from the mod that isn't working since the textures are green... which vanilla has little or none of.

Also as a side note, I just attempted to back date NMM to 0.61.21, but it crashed NMM and popped up a trace log. Only going back to 63.14 fixed it.

Edited by Sevatt

• 5 months later...

-sighs and looks at the forum- ok i have been breaking my brain on this. Some mods work some. I have spent the last three days trying to every fix that has been pointed out here and at this point i think ill just have to manually inject the mods my self because NMM isn't doing s#*!, Some of the mods such as scrap anything and others function mods work slightly. But mods such as weapon mods and armor mods are missing textures.

• 2 years later...

I know there are rules against reviving dead posts but this honestly needs some dev support.

99% of my mods are working flawlessly, EXCEPT face texture/hair replacer mods. Actually, valkyr face textures working perfectly. Cait replacer/piper replacer mods using these textures have absolutely no in game effect even when PROPERLY installing all required files and editing my INI files, both the custom and base files.

I have 100 mods rn, weapons, overhauls, monster adders ect. they ALL work, even the "hairstyle" mods required for my replacers. but the replacers simply have no effect piper and cait still look vanilla.

but that is not the end of my problem

I am also using amazing follower tweaks, and for some reason none of my companions will attack anything until they are attacked, even on the most aggressive stance. it would appear they are having some issue finding enemies. maybe 5% of the time they will find and destroy them immediately, but most the time I am wasting my rare survival stimpacks because I have to raise them after they just sit there and get clobbered.

I have no other companion AI mods, I do have heather casdin but i have it set so AFT does no manager her, and she is having the same problems. only codsworth seems to be killing enemies.

OH! and heather casdins face replacer is working it would appear I am having problems replacing vanilal companion face presets. I have looksmenu and compendium, all the required mods.... I have spent 2 days editing files and reinstalling mods and I am just at a loss.

I can get past the textures not working... the vanilla looks aint too bad when supported with raw texture replacers like valkyr face/body. but when trying to do preset changes nothing happens.

But my companion AI is absolutely bugged, with AFT loading VERY last in my order and there is no mod conflicts.

I really need some help