Lydia won't follow

dueldragon

@dueldragon

As i said, i am *not* going to create a new game. I have gone too far and i don't feel like going through the s*** of leveling up my smithing one handed enchanting gathering gold etc'. i would like to try deleting the script manually. And i also found something interesting. i went to my house, teleported lydia to me and she just walked out the house, and kept on foot for dragonsreach to sit on these god damned chairs again

You can use the Skyrim Save Script Cleaner to manually delete the script/s.

• 5 years later...

Still in 2021 this is an issue. I discovered a fix that works perfect for me at least. And its going to break your heart. Kill Lydia or what ever follower you have. :ohmy:

1. first take all their gear (especially Lydia she hits hard) or you might lose it.
  2. You have to kill her as your follower :devil: (this I am assuming)
  3. once she is dead (hide the body or go a distance. type Player.placeatme a2c8e (if she sees the body she will swear vengeance and you don't want to start on the wrong foot :ermm: )
  4. Ask her to follow you.

The reason for all this is the scripts bugging lydia is associated with her RefId. New Lydia will have a different Ref ID and a fresh start.

NOW I want to understand why she follows so FAR from me. All my other followers are far closer. TOO close.

_____

Followup

EEEK and Edgar Alan Poe moment! I installed Vilja and she talked about how sad it was Lydia died right in front of the new Lydia. :ohmy:

Edited by qaz1qaz1qa