Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error

Faivon

I've been getting CTD with the Microsoft Visual C++ Runtime Error frequently.

My spec ;

- Nvidia Geforce GTX 460 SE

- 4 GB Ram

- Windows 7 Professional SP 1

I don't think I run into the same problem when I'm using Vista Home Premium and I don't think that's load order problem because it tends to randomly CTD. Not when loading or entering new area or do a certain action (I'm not sure but it sure is random)

I suppose it's registry problem or what?

I have similar issues from time to time. Because of the time I have spent trying to find solutions to this problem and the vast number that I have found while searching the net, though none of them actually solved the issue, I have concluded that this is not a very well understood problem. (if anyone understands it at all)

I do hope for an answer though.

I'll just post the screenshot.

Here ya go

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/6608376/Untitled-2.jpg

Edited by Faivon

There is a boatload of info on the web for these particular errors.... most of which are really flippin' old though. Solutions run from reinstalling the game, to reinstalling windows, to replacing power supplies, or, simply running a windows update..... There is no One Solution Fixes All for this....

I would try:

If the game is installed in the program files directory, try right clicking on the Oblivion.exe, and select Run as Admin.

Running windows update. Make sure you have all the latest and greatest updates.

Reinstall C++ runtime environment... if you can.....

Do any other programs give you the same problem?

Nope, I played all others games and never got this problem at all.

Maybe I should reinstall Oblivion in other folder? I'm the only user in the comp and of course it's administrator. I will try updating Windows too.

I was getting this crash with Fallout 3 quite a bit until I ran gamebooster. It shuts down a lot of unnecesary windows services to free up processing power for your games. Fallout still has random crashes but I haven't had a single "c++ asked to terminate in an unusual way" crash since I started running it. If you don't already have it I'd say it's worth a shot.

You can get it here.

Razorpony

Just tried it out. I love it. Seems like there's less CTD now and my game runs smoother~ So far there's no Runtime error now, hope it's just my windows problem that keeps CTD-ing my game.

Thanks a lot!

I personally think this error is due to improper hooking of dlls by Oblivion, which windows sees with DEP and shuts it down. Try adding Oblivion to the exclusion list for Data Execution Prevention. Reinstalling C++ Runtime is a really good idea too. Edited by MOTOSXORPIO