Working Trench Knife TTW

LoneGunmanVault101

there site is still up and working right now im on it almost every day.

Ugh, I really shouldn't have to explain this to you, it's pretty obvious. That's an external site, not affiliated with nexus, not nexus hosted content, etc. They don't operate under nexus policies.

Look it's not hard to understand, but I'll walk you through it. We can't use FO3 assets that aren't in the FONV BSAs (thus my first post), it's a licensing issue. TTW was deleted from nexus and the thread locked with the last comment in my post above ("The problem is licensing. We need permission from both Bethesda and Obsidian to allow a mod like this to exist" etc). Your not even allowed to link to the site on the forums. Capish?

Yes i know its not affiliated at all. in the thing you quoted it said so the site must come down.[/size]

Nope, I didn't write anything about the TTW site, nor would it make sense to, because the central theme of this post is what can be done with a FO3 assets not in the FONV BSA under nexus policies. The context should have made that patently clear as well as the fact that I only discussed nexus and never mentioned a site.

In geck if you go to the weapon then select the art and sound tab then change the Animaton Type from OneHandMelee to HandToHandMelee that should change it to use unarmed animations.

http://i1058.photobucket.com/albums/t407/Flamenx01/h2h_zpscc2cesma.png

The trench knife would probably be quite an easy weapon to recreate in new vegas. It's just the combat knife with a slightly enlarged, chopped-up spiked knuckles attached.

Edited by flamenx01

That wasn't what I had in mind my idea was to make the unarmed vats attack animations available for the knife ie the normal attack would stay the same but in vats I could do an uppercut.

Besides that approach was the first thing I tried didn't work too well the knife floated above my hand and the attack animation was wrong.

What I thought was that I could change the animation type to hand to hand but change the basic attack animations to one hand melee

Edited by LoneGunmanVault101

That wasn't what I had in mind my idea was to make the unarmed vats attack animations available for the knife ie the normal attack would stay the same but in vats I could do an uppercut.

Besides that approach was the first thing I tried didn't work too well the knife floated above my hand and the attack animation was wrong.

What I thought was that I could change the animation type to hand to hand but change the basic attack animations to one hand melee

Not sure that is possible without custom/replacing animations.

To get the knife to work with unarmed animations you'd need to rig it up the same as the unarmed weapons are (more as gloves or clothing items than weapons). But that would make it use the unarmed animations all the time

The only way I see to change the vats animation is to use the power attack animation overwrite (on the art and sound tab) but that seems to have 5 fixed options (you might get lucky and one of them looks like an uppercut).

• 2 weeks later...

Seeing how this thread has gotten out of hand I would just like to state that It was never my intention to have someone else make this for me I was merely looking for advice on how I would go about doing this seeing how I have all the resources in question.

I understand, but since this is a request forum and your talking about a mod that is not allowed by nexus policy I didn't think it would be the best idea to discuss it in a nexus forum. Even if your not concerned about nexus policy, this thread has posts that confuses and obscures the issue of TTW mods and using FO3 assets that aren't in the FONV bsa. Most established mod authors are aware this is off limits, but a new mod author may not be (and be given teh wrong impression by this thread). Long story short a new author could put a lot of work into a TTW mod (or one that uses FO3 assets) and have it removed from the site....which would suck.

I'v tried to post very clear and precise info, which will hopefully prevent any misconceptions and dispel any confusion re: TTW & FO3 assets in FONV.

What you should have done is simply posted in the FO3 mod talk or FO3 mod author forums and none of the above issues would have been a problem. TTW specific issues would be addressed on the TTW site (although there isn't really any of great consequence in the mod you wanted).

Despite what I'v posted above, I'll give you a quick outline for a strategy that may work. I won't go into detail in this thread (although if you post in the FO3 mod talk or FO3 mod authors forum I might take some time to clarify details), because of the issue listed above and because of a lack of time.

Hook the vat menumode (1056), flip a var, use the var as a trigger to either equip the weapon with a custome one that has the animation you want or use NVSE's setWeaponAttackAnimation to change the animation. In gamemode switch it back (weapon or just animation) and set the var back to 0.